maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

WOC 2010

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 August 2010, 2:57 AM  
Well done Chris and Ross. And I would add well done Tom. Your blog is tremendous and what's more it is regular, no easy task to get on the internet when you're a nomad. Best wishes for Lizzie's foot.

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 9 August 2010, 3:32 AM  
The Sublime Swiss certainly have spoiled the Norsk party in the sprint. What will happen in 'the trond marshes'? With local knowledge telling us strength will be key, and they are all super strong, who will be the strongest? Something tells me the Swiss havn't finished yet and the Norwegians will be hurting, and then there's the famous friendly Frenchmen and a sizzling hot Swedish team full of speedsters, not mentioning so many strong continental runners... what a great sport!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 August 2010, 3:36 AM  
I'm finding the woc site photo gallery a little clunky to use, but awesome shots - including La and Rita on page 5 of the womens sprint qual gallery.... Rita in the finish chute on page 6... Tane chasing a 'roo page 3 of the men's qual (the men's qual photos are all finish chute, so a bit boring - Ross and Chris both appear but not great pix) and a good sequence of Ross in the men's final gallery. I don't know who those other dudes trying to steal some of the NZ team glory by dressing in black are, though!!!

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 9 August 2010, 3:40 AM  
i think they were the local team, maybe they thought Chris was so fast in black they decided to copy him

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 August 2010, 4:26 AM  
The sprint maps were made by Ales Hejna, wasn't he the Czech mapper who did Three Kings during a visit to NZ? And he was behind some well-argued criticism of the sprint specifications. I wonder what his views are today.

Show Profile  Jymbo Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:48 AM  
For those of you on Facebook, Ales is known as Olles Maps, this is what he wrote on Friday

" If there is a career in orienteering mapping. Then my climax is on Sunday. WOC sprint final and qualification on my maps :D #woc2010"

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 August 2010, 5:34 PM  
Awesome - the GPS tracking is available for the qualification, can see Vanessa Rond hot on Lara's heels!

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 9 August 2010, 5:59 PM  
go Chris good middle part of course !!!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:17 PM  
And Ross's turn now...

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:22 PM  
He's flying!

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:24 PM  
good run Ross go!!!

Show Profile  raewyn Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:28 PM  
Rita coming in to finish Kauppi having a blinder

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:35 PM  
Ross has qual'd too!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 9 August 2010, 6:45 PM  
Hey watchers, a few minutes ago I was seeing Ross's running time even before he had finished, how did they know I was interested in him?

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 9 August 2010, 9:30 PM  
yeah! Chris and Ross are our idols.

The middle quals must be 'revenge of the Norwegians'
Surely it's Marianne Andersen's time, for the middle if not the long

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz