maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

WOC 2010

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 August 2010, 12:55 PM  
Then the best of British to you Lizzie. Ignoring the DSQ's, looks like Ross and Chris have qualified, best wishes also to Tane, Lara and Rita.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 August 2010, 1:09 PM  
Oz 1 man and 2 women well done. Do I see Brazil there with both sexes? Is this the first representation of South America at this level?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:01 PM  
Nice area. Can anyone think of a place where we could combine campus and forest on the same map? I see lots of uncrossable fences and that suggests an idea - temporary uncrossable fencing (tape) which is changed from event to event, effectively changing the terrain.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:10 PM  
Chris and Ross both qualify! Chris 12th in b with a little time loss on a route choice through some green. Ross had a little time loss too. Back at the hotel now waiting for final.
Both C heats had a different route to 1 from the A and B heats which rsulted in the slightly longer times in C

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:21 PM  
Looks like it's official now, Ross and Chris through - think I was looking exactly when the update unDSQing the DSQs came in. Fading quickly so I guess I'll be missing the final, but in the mean time can somebody please tie Ross's shoes to him? ;-)

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:33 PM  
And tell Chris that just because he likes bashing through the green it's not always the fastest. :-)

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:38 PM  
Want a late night? Chris starts 12.50 Ross 12.52
Good luck boys

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:48 PM  
Some photos up on my blog

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 8 August 2010, 2:56 PM  
Great photos Tom. http://thomasreynolds.wordpress.com/

Did any of the Kiwis get tripped up by the gap in a fence that wasn't a gap? ie uncrossable. 9-10 on Mens B. Graham Gristwood reckons he lost 40 secs.

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 8 August 2010, 4:52 PM  
for those awake and following the finals you can get a free live stream on http://areena.yle.fi/player/index.php?stream=1137&language=sv

chris and ross starting any moment, go you good things!

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 8 August 2010, 5:02 PM  
Thanks for the link Lizzie! Commiz's too

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 8 August 2010, 5:09 PM  
Hi guys, sad bout the foot lizzie, i knew it sounded stink when you said it hurt when you ran down hill. You have done the right thing.
Wow chris in 1st

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 8 August 2010, 5:14 PM  
great run from Chris - fast last few legs!

Show Profile  darren Posted: 8 August 2010, 7:41 PM  
Great work Chris and Ross, good start to the week. All the best to everyone for the rest of the races.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 8 August 2010, 9:12 PM  
Was a tough qual this morning complete with spectator start...which tripped me up. After that I managed to string a few good legs together just losing time in the forest and on route choice a little. Ran hard on the route choices but don't think I've quite got the speed yet to mix it with the big boys. Chris and Ross both had good solid runs.
I wasn't affected by the fence/gate. Chris was in that heat, but I don't he was effected by it either.

Final was quite a spectacle with TV and big screens, spectator start/finish. Chris also ran well, Ross suffered a little up the hill to the fort, then almost ran off the edge of it on TV! He was a bit disappointed with his run and he made a mistake between the radio/TV control in the fort and finish.

Opening ceremony was interesting...a little bit weird and kinda wanted to make you cringe a little bit...Chris delivered the athletes oath in typical Chris Forne style! Cool to see him up there chosen as the one to do it.

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz