maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

WOC 2010

Show Profile  paultheOctopus Posted: 12 August 2010, 10:20 AM  
every second counts...
anyone wondering why Hubmann only got 7th in the sprint, albeit 7 seconds down from the winner... this is cool!!!
http://emmaotomas.blogspot.com/2010/08/gront-medelkval.html

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 12 August 2010, 11:10 AM  
haha thats the greatest orienteering photography ever!! I bet you no one can even suggest anything else than comes close (thatis a challenge honcho!)

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 12 August 2010, 2:30 PM  
Didn't know that had happened to Hubmann! Might have changed results a little.
I have put some photos and news about the relay on my blog.

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 12 August 2010, 4:14 PM  
I think Lara will be starting about now

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 12 August 2010, 4:22 PM  
Poor Daniel Hubmann. World Champs Gold lost due to some incomplete carpentry??

Olaf the Builder has a lot to answer for. Even in the first photo Hubmann has dislodged the top timber due to those protruding screws not connecting with the post. Photo 5 is a classic!

And yes - go Lara, 8 minutes into the forest

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 12 August 2010, 4:51 PM  
finally decided to shell out to watch the feed and gps, just in time to watch lara.
absolute agony watching her mistake at 3 but now running with maja alm and they should catch anna sheldon soon. hopefully the 3 of them can pick up some speed!

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 12 August 2010, 4:55 PM  
Wow this GPS Tracking is the bomb. Lara currently running with Maja Alm from Denmark between 4 and 5. Has been caught 4 mins and passed by Anna Sheldon (Aus) who is currently 1 minute ahead in the forest. The big question is.. do I go to bed or not? Oh, now she's reduced the deficit on Sheldon but is losing Alm as a running partner. Who says its not a spectator sport!

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:14 PM  
What's with the 6.5km marker? They seem to be taking ages to get there.

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:24 PM  
maja has passed all 8 runners infront of her now! and unfortunately dropped lara somewhere along the way.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:32 PM  
Haven't paid for tracking but the WorldofO chat is great. Comparisons of routes for selected legs with colour codes for speed - can you put those up with live tracking or is it something clever? Huge variations in routes arent there? Is there any NZ terrain that can produce as much as this?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:40 PM  
... in spite of having many more tracks than the qualification. Your theory that they have compromised for tracking reasons is tempting Paul.

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:48 PM  
Does anyone have the Live video running? The arena commentary is great. Lara is soon to arrive there. Then its 1.5km to the finish. Maja Alm is just finishing now. 1st finisher.

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:51 PM  
http://www.internettv.ch/sport/ssf-live/ssf-livestream

Show Profile  Lizzie Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:51 PM  
agreed once you get it working the coverage is great! of course, my video has just frozen as lara is coming through the spectator

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 12 August 2010, 5:55 PM  
I think the Swiss have more ads than we do.

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz