maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

Waitangi 4 Day 2007

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 12 January 2007, 7:40 AM  
tane get intouch with daniel he wants to go but doesnt know anything... so give him a kick up the arse and organise stuff... riki hasnt organised anything, he thinks your doing it

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 12 January 2007, 7:43 AM  
SO where are you staying Simon

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 12 January 2007, 7:45 AM  
there's 3 or 4 holiday parks in and around Taupo, they all have cabins and bunkrooms. worth looking at. we've stayed the Acacia bay one before and it was good.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 12 January 2007, 1:36 PM  
http://nzorienteering.com/waitangi/resources/Entries110107.csv

Entries been coming in steady over the last day or two.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 13 January 2007, 5:04 AM  
As much as I would like to stay in the camping grounds described by Paul, Carsten is pretty keen on hot showers and other luxuries.

So I have booked a large cabin at the Acacia Bay one greatlake.net.nz , as we've stayed in that one a few times for training camps and it's nice. We might have room for a couple more in there but depends if Aaron and Sara will stay as well (so far I have included Erik, Stefanie, Georgiaa and Daniel (he did get organized enough to ring me, Simon) as well as my 3 family members but it does say it will sleep 10-12.)

But better would be if others got in and booked some more cabins there as it doesn't cost so much more to have less in the cabins and we'll have more room. When I rung the other night all the large self-contained units were still available as well as plenty of standard and deluxe cabins.

If enough people booked there we could have a social/barbecue there maybe...

This message was edited by Jenni on 13 January 2007, 1:10 PM

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 13 January 2007, 5:49 AM  
No worries Jenni, I just thought some people were finding it very differcult to find somewhere to stay at this late stage. Taupo is such a great place everyone wants to go there now!

Who's looking forward to this event - I just about have my bag packed. Even for us non-elites it will be a great spectical watching how the elite fight to win on a variety of terrain !!!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 January 2007, 3:32 AM  
Hey, long time no postings, so just like to wish all you lovely maptalkers a happy new year and hope the summer training season has been good for you.

We've booked a cabin at Acacia bay www.greatlake.net.nz as well in expectation that there will be fun to be had there, plenty of cabins still available...

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 19 January 2007, 3:07 AM  
One of the Australians (Grace) isn't arriving in Auckland until
3:15pm on Saturday. Is there anyone missing the first day and coming down to Taupo on Saturday afternoon/evening that might be able to give Grace a lift? Any other ideas or suggestions? There is a bus apparently, leaving 7:30pm but it doesn't get into Taupo until 1am so something better than that would definitely be appreciated.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 January 2007, 3:45 AM  
Check out the entries listed on the website, they should help. Noticed that Aaron & Sara aren't running first day.

keep an eye out on the website for updates, there's some exciting stuff going on behind the scenes!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 January 2007, 4:29 PM  
Anyone know why Grace isnt coming for the Saturday? She is in the test match - suppose Aus will just run a woman down that day maybe?

Show Profile  davemeyer Posted: 21 January 2007, 3:31 PM  
Started new job and can't get an earlier flight. Yeah Aust will be one down for the first race

Show Profile  peterprong Posted: 24 January 2007, 3:12 PM  
Hey. can anyone help us out with a lift during the 4days. I should be able to make it to taupo.
thanks
peterprong@hotmail.com

Show Profile  Daniele Posted: 25 January 2007, 4:21 AM  
Hi everyone

I just signed up for the 4 days in the elite class. As this was not planned, I don't have any orienteering gear with me in New Zealand.
So I hope that someone could help me out...
1) ...with a compass
2) ...an old orienteering trousers (I'm 1.76m)
3) ...an old pair of orienteering shoes (Size 10 (European Size: 43/44))
I hope someone can help me...
Cheers
Daniel
email: newzealand@gmx.ch

Show Profile  mark Posted: 25 January 2007, 6:51 AM  
Just wear shorts and bare feet, softcock

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 25 January 2007, 7:42 AM  
Hi Daniel
Please ignore Mark he is very ignorant, he even thinks cosmology
is boring.
Did you get golf clubs? If you are still having problems
let me know and I can fix something.
Carsten can lend you at least trousers and maybe shoes - I think he is about 10, maybe a little larger. We have compasses - lefthanded thumb or baseplate. We'll bring them up with us and I'll email you when I've checked the shoe size.
If anyone else has old shoes you could also offer to help in case C's aren't the right size...

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz