maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

Waitangi 4 Day 2007

Show Profile  addison Posted: 15 December 2006, 8:54 AM  
We have had lots of interest and the entries are coming in thick and fast. Reminder that we have to recieve your entries by today for the discount so if you want a discount you will have to enter online now!

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 15 December 2006, 9:34 AM  
just a thought...

with all these international superstars coming has anyone teased the media? i heard past world champion Carsten Jorgensen was going to be there and New Zealand's best will take on Australia's best on home soil.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 23 December 2006, 5:00 AM  
If you're planning to fly from Christchurch and you haven't booked flights yet you should! To fly to Taupo is too expensive (can fly in via Wellington leaving at 11:35 am on Friday getting in at 2:15pm for a one way fare of $324). Flying to Rotorua is better and it's only about an hour's drive. There's no flights on Qantas left on Friday but can fly with them at 11:40am-12:55pm for $139 oneway on Thursday. Or can fly with Air NZ on Friday leaving at 11:35am -12:50 for $178 on. There were later flights that went via Wellington but they seemed to be more like $300 but the latest was only abour 4pm and costs $400 one way and then one at 2pm for around $270.

Otherwise you could fly to Auckland but even that's starting to get quite expensive...

This message was edited by Jenni on 23 December 2006, 1:02 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 23 December 2006, 5:19 AM  
Please keep in mind the first day is at Piopio.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 23 December 2006, 9:36 AM  
Pio Pio map is about 1 1/4 hours from Hamilton, 2 1/4 from Rotorua. 1 3/4 from Taupo and New Plymouth. And ofcourse just 15 minutes from Mahoenui International Airport (MIH).

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 24 December 2006, 12:56 AM  
Is that where the MIMM (Mahoenui International Man of Mystery) is coming to save the mother fucking world from.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 24 December 2006, 3:59 AM  
Didn't have a clue where Piopio was but anyway Carsten is thinking about doing the Rotorua marathon so is probably going to jog around half of it on Thursday pm and Friday am. And Kaia and I will fly in and meet him there on Friday. Just checked Hamilton for interest and can fly in there late, 10:45pm, from Chch on Friday for $212 otherwise get's expensive fr antying leaving afternoonish.

Any suggestions for somewhere to stay between Rotorua and Piopio on Friday night?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 December 2006, 8:59 AM  
Otorohonga

Show Profile  addison Posted: 24 December 2006, 9:22 AM  
Alternatively you could always stay at the Arapuni International Resort which also features the 2nd closest international Airport to Piopio, being the Arapuni Working Mens Club International Airport (AWMCIA). The AWMCIA also features a map of the terminal drawn using freehand mode.

Basically towns along the way are... Putaruru, Otorohonga, Te Kuiti, Piopio.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 24 December 2006, 10:20 AM  
I would stay in the same place in Taupo that you will stay the rest of the weekend.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 24 December 2006, 4:08 PM  
There's a place I have in mind for the Sat night that's on a fairly direct route from Piopio to Kaahu (if that's where I tink it is). If anyone's interested I'll post more when I've followed it up...
Or if you want to go up market, "Out in the Styx" is at Pukeatua, under the shadow of the mighty Maungatautari, arguably between Rotorua and Piopio, and not too far from Kaahu. Had a couple of taxpayer-funded junkets sorry I mean important planning meetings there last year, the food is quite memorable (and could help slow Carsten down a bit, teehee!)

Show Profile  addison Posted: 27 December 2006, 3:21 AM  
For those that have entered online here is the entry list as of today.

http://www.nzorienteering.com/waitangi/resources/OnlineEntries271206.csv

Show Profile  addison Posted: 27 December 2006, 3:21 AM  
There are of course a lot more that have entered by post and we will put a full list on the internet at some stage.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 5 January 2007, 12:05 AM  
Entries as of yesterday http://nzorienteering.com/waitangi/resources/Entries040107.csv

A reminder to everyone that hasn't yet entered... time is beginning to run out!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 January 2007, 12:54 PM  
That means we are about 90 entries ahead of this stage last year.....

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz