maptalk.co.nz News   |   Events   |   Forum   |   Photos   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Sport Ident Organisational Matters

Show Profile  camd Posted: 9 October 2017, 8:59 PM  
http://www.attackpoint.org/discussionthread.jsp/message_1257320
Apparently there is a bug in the latest firmware version 656. It may make it appear like you have missed one or more controls when you haven't, however the record is still saved on the control box (which beeps and flashes like normal)

25 Manna just announced they downloaded every control box from the event this weekend and found this error occured twice (an error rate of roughly 1 in 70 000 punches).

For the Auckland AOS events for example, you would expect such an error to occur roughly every 12 events. Around the country the rate is probably lower than once every year. SO there is NO need to stop trusting the system - however for a big event like Nationals probably every significant MP should be investigated by downloading the box in question.

Also we used this firmware at World Masters and by this average, every second event would have had someone wrongly MP. Looking through the results, you can probably add a fast Australian who would have won an elite Oceania title to that list...

Show Profile  Dwayne Posted: 11 October 2017, 2:28 PM  
At the Oceania sprint at Carrington, there was one complaint from a 21e (not formal) that reached me about a miss punch. I did check the box in question after the event and the punch wasn't there - kind of wish it was now, so I had some evidence myself.

We have had rare unexplained SI card malfunctions in the past at sprints where some controls are just missing from the card at download time - normally an old SI5 card.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz