maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

World Champs

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 July 2006, 3:43 AM  
No news for a while team, hope everything is well for first qualis tomorrow. Paddling round the WOC website www.woc2006.dk I notice...

A A Johnstone Photography among the accredited media. Look forward to some great shots Andrew...
Provision for team blogs; but only Bulgaria, Spain, HK and Israel are using them
Info about how many qualifiers per heat (15) unlike other recent events I could name
Good database of team member info under "info for media"

Best wishes team:-))

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 28 July 2006, 5:17 AM  
Kia Kaha team.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 28 July 2006, 8:00 AM  
all the best for the weekend guys. go james & tania

Show Profile  darren Posted: 28 July 2006, 8:57 AM  
I got an email from Clem the other day he said this -

"it's all good mate. Denmark rocks. The trainings have been all good. All structured and with a lot of competition racing against other teams in terrain. I think it would be fair to say that the team have spent as much time in terrain as any other team and probably more than most of the other minor nations. We probably just haven't had as much compettion in terrain as some of the other big nations. I can see us making our share of A finals. Mate you would have chewed this terrain up, but such is life. Ross will be the one to watch, he'll either have a blinder ( he's running bloody quick at the moment) or he'll completely miss everything. Karl is looking bloody solid and can see A finals with the way he's running at the moment. Even Rob J is in good nick. But we'll just have to wait and see how things go as the scandi's etc... are running shit hot as well.
Unbelievable how fast everyone is running. Seems even faster then last year. Scary. Lara is settling well into the navigating and Tan is doing what she does best and is on track with Jenni looking for some solid runs.
We'll look to get more info back as we move into WOC accommodation etc...and keep eveyone up to date"

So, it looks like things are going well and everyone is happy, which pretty important right about now.

Lookin forward to the live coverage.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 28 July 2006, 9:34 AM  
The following from RobJ a couple of days ago:

"At the moment I'm sitting in an apartment in Aahus, Denmark along with several other members of the team. I have been here since the 24th after arrriving from Switzerland at midnight the night before." ... "The weather is still wonderfully hot. After training today it was 30-35ºC.

The last three days have been spent training in the Danish forests which are a little different again to most forests. The orienteering is not difficult but running at the speeds necessary for the distances required will be a challenge as the forests are relatively neutral for most Europeans and competition will be hot! Tomorrow we move into the official accommodation which for us is a school hostel along with a variety of eastern European and other more financially challenged teams. Training will continue for a few more days yet with my first race coming up on Sunday."

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:24 AM  
I know how it feels not knowing how everyone is getting on, so I've snuck out to use the net while everyone is trying to get some sleep. Tomorrow is the middle qualification and while there are a few nerves the team is bloody well prepared. The combination of training and the scandinavian sun is turning the team into lean tanned running machines (I've got the tanned bit sorted but I seem to be struggling with the lean part. Might have to cut down a bit on the hydration regime I'm trying)
In last week the training has been the usual mixture of intensity and absolute boredom, as the team has struggled hard to keep the balance between staying fresh and sharp but not becoming lethargic. Definitely a few nerves, but I wouldn't say any of the team are overawed. They're prepared, they know what they have to do and they all just want to get into it. I would even dare to say there is an amount of confidence amongst some of the team tommorrow. There are A final spots up for grabs and the team plan on snagging some of them.
Thanks for the support, and I'll try and pass our thoughts on as I get the chance.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:58 AM  
Go hard dudes, be sharp

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 29 July 2006, 4:34 AM  
All the best guys! Wish we could be there to cheer you on...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 July 2006, 4:53 AM  
Are you going to be using Kapa O Pango this time or Ka Mate?

Show Profile  addison Posted: 29 July 2006, 11:52 AM  
Middle Qualifier:

Its almost 9am in Denmark with first starts at 10am. Live Results are available at: http://live.woc2006.dk/

Start Times:

10:17 James
10:33 Ross
11:13 Karl

10:06 Lara
10:30 Jenni
10:52 Tania

Show Profile  addison Posted: 29 July 2006, 1:10 PM  
Live Audio is available at...

http://video.woc2006.dk/woc2006audio.asx

Its in English as well

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:01 PM  
NE1 else having trouble opening http://live.woc2006.dk/?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:03 PM  
audio good but &^#$ results not working

Show Profile  :D Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:16 PM  
I've got the results working, and the text thing, but this computer wont support live audio or tracking (maybe they're not using the tracking today??).
BTW, the Aussie blog is up and running, they just haven't put an 'active' note next to it.

Show Profile  :D Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:17 PM  
you have to keep hitting refresh for the results.. and it comes up with that page that says it wont open or can't find it or something (hey, it's in Danish!), but just hit refresh again and it seems to go through.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 29 July 2006, 2:20 PM  
Good Luck guys...no idea what happening but am sure its good..

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz