maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

The Mystery Behind Wetfish

Show Profile  Wetfish Posted: 19 May 2004, 12:01 PM  
Um, no.

Euphimising statements not only makes you look gay, you never get the intended response from people.

There were a few things I was hoping to achieve:
- make the readers of this forum aware of concerns I have with the squad.
- test the coach. It appears as though he is very defensive about is squad, and from past experience, what I gather from this, is that some of the things I'm saying have an element of truth to them. (Were the insecurities eating you alive?) I do commend the enthisium with which he has attempted to refute my claims. I am afraid with the recent drab weather I can not do the same.
- have a bit of fun.

David asks...
Are you just angry that someone got into the d squad infront of you, or do you feel that people are getting in that shouldnt be? Can you just clear that up.

BOTH. But that is due to people who shouldn't be in there. As I have stated, I don't think I should be in the squad, based on the reputation of the squad. (Obviously the squad no longer holds this same reputation for me)

And David, you are the last person who I would pick for the D-Squad. I don't think this needs an explanation. Most would privately agree with me.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 19 May 2004, 12:26 PM  
Wetfish I recommend you look at what you actually did. Make yourself look like a tosser and pathetic dickhead! Most of your attacks are at the selectors as Squad members don't selected the squad.

Maybe you should look at what everyone thinks of your concerns about the squad and then you might realise that you are the only one that is looking at it with a jealous eye. How about pulling finger and showing some of these great results you say you are capable of.

This message was edited by Greg on 19 May 2004, 8:29 PM

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 May 2004, 12:43 PM  
Wetfish's aparent achievements, in some sort of order:
#1 pissing off the coach. i think its quite alright that the D Squad coach should be defensive of the squad. He's volunteered for the job, and without him the squad would be far worse off. without the volunteers there would be even less resources in orienteering = coaches are valuable resources, we need them!

#2 the readers of maptalk are aware that you have concerns about everything, but unable to offer radical solutions

#3 everyone knows of a "wetfish" now

you're quite right that avoiding writing harsh comments (which is what euphimising) directed at individuals doesnt portray your actually feelings, but personal attacks dont belong here

David is adding his 5c worth, just like everyone (if we dont hear back from wetfish then his weekly allowance must be gone). Maybe you should explain, i would pick david for the d squad.

Show Profile  Wetfish Posted: 19 May 2004, 2:16 PM  
Martin I wouldn't go saying I get a weekly allowance ya little mumma's boy. Don't make this personal.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 May 2004, 3:27 PM  
its called a metaphor, need i explain?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 20 May 2004, 1:44 AM  
Dave said:

"After the recent camp I was privy to hear some exciting stories about the happenings, but they were all about oing. They had nothing to do with pulling all nighters or drinking."

What I want to know is what training camps I should attend if I wish to learn more about pulling, all nighters or drinking?

Sorry, this discussion was getting far too serious for the lounge at times!

Show Profile  Dave Mcc Posted: 20 May 2004, 6:20 AM  
Dude,

I have very valid reasons for being in the squad and not running. If you dont like it you can screw yourself with the metel bolts rather than my foot.

Thanks Martin

Show Profile  Dave Mcc Posted: 20 May 2004, 6:32 AM  
Sorry,

Maybe I didnt make myself as clear as I intended to be. What I am trying to say is bring back the regional squads. Surely wetfish you will actually agree with me that this should be a sort of stepping stone into the D Squad. Instead of going straight into the squad like myself and a number of others a pre-requisite would be to get into one of these squads....

comprhendo?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 20 May 2004, 7:41 AM  
There is a reason the junior squads died, because there isn't the resouces to run them. Thats the reason why you shouldn't be attacking either the D Squad Coach or Selectors.

Wetfish - Martin making it personal, do I need to quote you again or can you read your own posting.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 20 May 2004, 12:06 PM  
Maybe I'm out of touch, but I don't have a clue who this wetfish person is.

He has a funny way of "having fun".

Although, isn't it cute to see intellectual schoolboys using words such as "Euphimising". A long time has past since I last witnessed someone with thought so misinformed and creative intent so misplaced.

Many valid comments have actually appeared in this thread, and I assure you that the real problems with coaching are the human not the monetary resources... and the coaching director.

Neil, like all D-Squad coaches before him should be cherished. Much is asked of this role, often within a vacumn of practical support. The D-Squad is looking good at the moment, hopefully good structures can be built to ensure this continues into the future.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 21 May 2004, 3:05 AM  
The D-Squad is looking good. Infact its looking "mean".

Off the topic, David have you had your surgery yet? or when are you having it? I got called robocop and forest gump yesterday, gay fucking cast thing thats on my achilies! Arghhhhh

Show Profile  Dave Mcc Posted: 21 May 2004, 7:50 AM  
Yeah those kind of names come with it. How about cripple, noknees (even though its my ankles) etc etc. Uhhh op is 28th June then I in cast for up to 12 weeks....

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 21 May 2004, 8:21 AM  
Robocrap and Forest Gimp.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 May 2004, 8:23 AM  
You could both join the Brumbies, if those casts are how I'm picturing them

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 21 May 2004, 1:57 PM  
It appears that Wetfish's identity is officially known to many spies within the Orienteering community, but who will be the one to break it to the Public and all the other Orienteers not in the know. Well lets just say that it is **** *****.

This message was edited by Ellmo1769 on 21 May 2004, 9:58 PM

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz