maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

World Cup - Tasmania Jan 2015

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 17 July 2014, 4:00 AM  
IOF have taken pity on NZ and OZ again, and given us 10 runners in each grade.

http://orienteering.org/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/World-Cup-2015-Special-Rules.pdf

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 17 July 2014, 2:59 PM  
...and now qualification is actually qualification for the sprint, with 40 runners going through to the final. Unlike previously, in which I heard it was for just determining the start order.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 5 August 2014, 6:59 AM  
Maybe I've missed it somewhere...is it known if there are to be any Trials for the WC? If so when?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 August 2014, 7:15 AM  
I'm waiting for the 6 month notice

Show Profile  RSmith Posted: 13 August 2014, 4:06 PM  
The selection trials will be held at the SI Champs 15/16 Nov. More details at http://papo.org.nz/?page_id=3676

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 18 September 2014, 10:36 AM  
How do we know if the ' NZ team World Cup Initial Entry' is going to be covered off? (see notice from World Cup website below) Plus who should I direct this query to (especially while there is no HP Leader keeping an eye that all these deadlines are met?...

World Cup Initial Entry

A reminder to teams that the following information shall be sent to the organiser by 30 September 2014:
– Number of competitors (men and women)
– Number of team officials (men and women)
– Team Manager: name, address, phone, fax, e-mail

Please email this information to the Event Director, Bernard Walker; bernard.walker@oceania2015.com

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 18 September 2014, 3:52 PM  
Who has put their name up for the WC team? Will we see some young ones sneaking in?

Lets get around the sometimes lack of transparency in past selections and post a list of all those available here.

Mens:
Tim, Nick H, Gene, Matt O, Tom, Cam T, Chris, Tane? who else has their name down

Womens:
Lizzie, Georgia, Immy, ????

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 19 September 2014, 2:40 AM  
Confirming Laura & Tim will be back from their adventures and will be trialling

Show Profile  MikeB Posted: 19 September 2014, 3:43 AM  
Hardly seems necessary to go through all the expense required to get there when there are probably only 10 likely candidates for both Men and Women anyway. Why not just put names forward and let selectors sort them out, if necessary.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 19 September 2014, 1:18 PM  
Tane is not going to Tassie, but most of the JWOC team are going, and also for the women, Rachel Smith and Renee Beveridge will make the team.

Just hope they don't pick 10 men and 10 women because they can.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 19 September 2014, 4:18 PM  
It would be a real shame if we can't field a full team. What a tiny sport we still are in New Zealand if that is the case.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 22 September 2014, 1:49 AM  
Personally I think if you are keen to do well in Tasmania you should be trying to do all the events you can in the next while... Of course I'm biased and want people to come to PAPO's event. But I don't think it should be that expensive - if you booked tickets a while ago then there lots of cheap options and probably you can still get reasonable flights. If people need rides when they get here they should let us know - I'm also happy to organise a minibus etc if it's needed and if people want to stay Sunday or nights before in Chch, we have a guest room that we specifically included, when building our house, to host orienteers (on the bottom floor away from the kids and with its own bathroom)!

Show Profile  R2 Posted: 22 September 2014, 12:49 PM  
I totally agree with Jenni re doing well in Tasmania. Over the years, our family training philosophy has been to compete on as many new maps/different terrains as possible. Plus I think of all the times the South Island orienteers pay the extra travel costs to get to predominantly North Island events - we should make every effort to get to their unique South Island maps! I am really looking forward to the weekend down South

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 22 September 2014, 3:47 PM  
If anyone needs a ride for the Geraldine races that's coming from the North Island I will be hiring/driving a van/car. We've got 5 so far. If anyone else is keen email me thomasreynolds123 @ gmail. com

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 23 September 2014, 12:19 AM  
I'm going to smash you Tom.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 23 September 2014, 12:46 PM  
I won't be racing against you in m35 Brent.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz