maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

JWOC 2011 Middle Distance final

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 July 2011, 4:09 AM  
I rest my case.

What's that dashed line between #6 and #14?

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 8 July 2011, 5:05 AM  
some new pics from Ian Simpson have been uploaded to maptalk photos of the team in full flight. Although no spot for Toby to upload, there are some of him on infonews.co.nz and on sportzhub.com

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 8 July 2011, 5:15 AM  
There is also a problem with the protest system.There is a short period of time from the last finisher to the protest deadline. From memory I think 20 minutes. Plenty of time if you are a front starter but if you are a late starter as in the case of Angela ther is not much time for our officials to act.From first finding out about the dsq to discussion with the athlete and the 20 minutes are gone.
This also happened to Tania in Denmark. She was dsq for missing a control. The control was considerably inside the allowable distance between controls and a protest would have been upheld but because she was one of the last starters team officials didnt have enough time to act. Tania would have finished 8th.The same problem happened in the heats and dsq were changed.
The answer to these problems are with the iof adviser. They should be corrected before the event.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 July 2011, 6:58 AM  
There may or may not be Robbie. You first make a "complaint" and the rules don't specify the time period but say the organisers can set it. It would seem natural justice that any time period is related to becoming aware of the problem and 20 minutes seems much too short - it would generate lots of "just-in-case" complaints:-)) Then, assuming the result of the complaint is not to your liking, you have an hour to lodge a protest. I would think the team manager has a role to play here.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 8 July 2011, 7:17 AM  
Mick, Toby has a spot now

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 July 2011, 8:31 AM  
Infonews report says that the NZ team DID lodge a protest. Easy to pontificate at long range eh.

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 8 July 2011, 9:56 AM  
Your correct Michael it is up to the organisers. At woc and jwoc they usually set the 20 min limit. Their reason is they dont want to hold up results.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz