maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

JWOC 2011 Middle Distance final

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 July 2011, 3:05 AM  
I think these are tonight's start times, but I might have the wrong "zero time" (8pm NZ time?), so I've included the "plus times" in brackets.

Women B final starts 8:31-9:44 (+0:31-1:44)
Anna 8:48 (+0:48)
Laura 9:14 (+01:14)
Selena 9:30 (+1:30)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 July 2011, 3:08 AM  
Men B starts 8:44-9:43 (+0:44-1:43)
Nick 9:02 (+1:02)
Tim 9:15 (+1:15)
Scott 9:19 (+1:19)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 July 2011, 3:12 AM  
Women A starts 10:01-11:59 (+2:01-3:59)
Jaime 10:25 (+2:25)
Kate 10:29 (+2:29)
Ang 11:21 (+3:21)

Can I get odds on Kate being the race leader when she finishes?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 July 2011, 3:28 AM  
Oh good, the internet's back....

so, Men A starts 10:00-11:58 (+2:00-3:58)
Toby 11:18 (+3:18)
Matt 11:28 (+3:28)
Gene 11:32 (+3:32)

Guess I'll be sneaking back to the office late tonight...!

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 7 July 2011, 3:44 AM  
Jamie could easily beat Kate.

She had a great run in the classic after the first radio, so it was no surprise her doing so well yesterday.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 7 July 2011, 6:49 AM  
Just went down to the TAB - Angela is paying $9.40 for the podium

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 July 2011, 8:08 AM  
Looking like it'll be a good night thats for sure! Its bloody awesome that we have 6 in the A Final, and not to mention that all the others are in the B Final which is still a great achievement!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 July 2011, 8:12 AM  
What was live coverage like last night? Splits? Audio? Video?

I went out for a ride, motivated into training for JWOC next year.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 7 July 2011, 8:32 AM  
Reverse order starts, it's going to be wicked. Everyone is going to have to run out of their skin just to keep their possition.

Sadly for Laura she got off to a frustrating start loosing 3 1/2 mins on #1, and some smaller mistakes later.

Just taking the top 10 from each heat, top 30 men and women makes you realise how tight things are going to be.
In the mens, the 3 heat winners, Odum (Den), Blanes (Esp) and Kinneberg (Nor), all had a bit of a gap to 2nd but not huge. After that times were very close and there were some who if you take out an error were up there with the leaders. Some guys in particular who could threaten those 3 leaders could be Prunsche (Ger), Olejnik (Pol), Nordstrom (Swe)who had lots of fastest splits. Around Matt, Gene and Toby are some big names who could be medal winners such as Stanys (Lth) who made 1 3/4 mistake at #1 which would have had him win should he not have made it, and Nakonechnyy (Rus) who was leading at 1/2 way. Just after them in the quals were Michiels (Blgm) who was leading at 3/4 mark then lost a minute, and Howald (Sui)with lots of fastest splits and a 1.5 min mistake.
Remember it's reverse order seeding.
Of course Toby, Matt and Gene were all right up there and Gene was leading his heat at 1/2 way!
Throw in a longer and more technical course and things are going to get really cool. My pick Eskil Kinneberg.

I wanted to have a bgood look at the womens too, but iI have to go to work...very soon... ahhhhhh!
Tove Alexandersson (Swe) my pick, but the same as the men all very close right through the top 30. Some who could have even done better if it weren't for an error are Bobach, Martinsson, Olsson, Klingenberg, Segersson.. and Angela!

I wish all the kiwis great speed and skills.
Happy viewing everyone, I won't complain if someone updates maptalk from time to time so I can see what's up during the night

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 7 July 2011, 9:20 AM  
Welcome back "Paul the Squid"

Show Profile  ACW Posted: 7 July 2011, 10:33 AM  
Michael, live coverage last night consisted of patchy audio backed by awful European Song Contest music, stuck video that never got sorted, and no Split times for Womens heat 3.. but with such fantastic results who cares. The World of O chat forum was dominated by kiwis again, and the event centre commentary that could be deciphered, had plenty on the progress of our runners. We can expect more of all of this tonight.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 July 2011, 10:56 AM  
Thanks ACW. Thanks Squid too, for your analysis. Can't see how you did it without the help of Winsplits!

Show Profile  darren Posted: 7 July 2011, 12:05 PM  
Ang makes the IOF website - http://orienteering.org/young-talent-from-new-zealand/

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 July 2011, 12:42 PM  
Nice. Result of many efforts over the years.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 7 July 2011, 1:37 PM  
Squidling joins the party. Long story short.. really foul weather forcast tonight, replace work with 3 hrs meetings, all done, very happy Squid.

Womans B:
Just looking at splits from quals Silje Maurset (Nor) lost 2 mins and was very unlucky not to finish well with the top women, as was Reka Toth (Hun) who lost 3.5 mins who would be one to watch in my book. Marketa Poloprutska (nice name)(Czh) also unlucky loosing 2 mins.

Mens B:
Lots of drama fand bad luck stories for sure... the two ozzies Lawford and Blatchford just missing out so will be starting near the end. Thor Norskov (Den) and Phillipe Joly (Fra) a bit unlucky to miss, and in particular Jo Forseth Indgaard (Nor) loosing 1 min v unlucky and one to watch as seen by the squid.
Slightly slower qualifiers, therefore earlier starters to watch who made 2 min errors but were fast were Robert Niewiedziaa (Pol), Jesse Laukkarinen (Fin), and two that looked like they may have ran very fast together both making a 1.5 min mistake Oli Poland (Aus) and Remi Dubois (Fra).

so it's all on.....

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 July 2011, 1:57 PM  
Have got all these windows open in Explorer and keep losing the one with the live chat/audio. Is this a plot to force me to see the live chat sponsor's window over and over again?

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz