maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Nationals 2012

Show Profile  NW Posted: 6 April 2012, 2:33 PM  
Hi Val,

Good to see someone is keeping the home fires burning. The event center live results are enabled by a little wireless network at the event not one connected to the internet so we are unable to share with those at home. This will be especially so once in the forest as nobody's superfast broadband goes there. And you didn't miss much today as we really struggled to get the live thing going. We have now put preliminary results onto the website and winsplits for all bar course one pending protest results. Cheers Stephen

Show Profile  Norm Posted: 6 April 2012, 4:01 PM  
Sprint Pix
Starters from 3pm only
M21E W21E M20A W20A

https://picasaweb.google.com/112030459083252278008/Nationals2012Sprint6April

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 7 April 2012, 10:13 AM  
Well done Morrisons, from the home front.

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 10 April 2012, 4:08 AM  
The M-20 results are missing from the Middle distance results. Was that class invalidated?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 10 April 2012, 5:47 AM  
I think that the loose control descriptions contained an error, and this was discovered part-way through. There might be some other classes affected too, although the loose descriptions were promptly withdrawn. I think the W21E result was declared as they all ran under the same conditions (descriptions on the map were correct).

Show Profile  AllanJ Posted: 10 April 2012, 6:44 AM  
M20A, M21A & M35A were all invalidated. Have asked if the splits could be put up anyway. Don't know if that will happen.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 April 2012, 1:17 PM  
Thanks Allan, I was going to ask as well. Preferably with the missing control reinstated where it should be. Doesn't have to be a priority but looking forward to seeing it eventually :-)

Show Profile  AllanJ Posted: 11 April 2012, 2:28 PM  
Splits for Course 1 at the sprint & the M20/21/35A at the middle are now on winsplits.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 14 April 2012, 5:08 AM  
Is it possible to get splits up on winsplits for the Relay? I realise its a bit complicated for the relay but it would still be nice to see how much I smashed the others on my course variation

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 17 April 2012, 7:15 AM  
Any reason why the Long Distance was on the Saturday instead of the Sunday as per the last few years? It made the Middle Distance tougher than it needed to be.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 17 April 2012, 7:23 AM  
Map access forced the decision.

Show Profile  M.Beveridge Posted: 17 April 2012, 7:37 AM  
AS you were probably aware the middle was being held on the area leased by the 4WD Park and they had a 24 hr event on from Friday evening until Saturday evening, so sunday was the only possible day. I agree with you it would have made the race harder after running the long the day before.

It also made it harder for us as organisers as we could'nt get any controls out any earlier than late Saturday afternoon, thus putting more pressure on us, on the morning of the event and to get everything in place and checked.

For two days before the 4WD event we were also denied access as the police and the armed defenders squad had a live ammo training sessions on both the relay and middle areas which further compounded our problems. It wasn't an ideal way to step up and run a national event, but that's the way it was.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 17 April 2012, 8:48 AM  
Fair enough

Show Profile  idiot Posted: 17 April 2012, 12:16 PM  
Couldn't you get these groups to collaborate a bit, the police could've shot the 4WD'rs.

Show Profile  Jane H Posted: 18 April 2012, 1:38 AM  
I liked the Long being on Saturday. They started with Long at Oceania in Oz last year. Those that don't sleep well before the long (and in new beds in general) get the Long over so can relax more and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

Thanks for the news above Mike, makes me really appreciate the great day we had out there on Sunday. I am still riding an adrenalin wave after the whole thing - we had such a GOOD weekend. Now hoping to repeat the experience for the kids coming to NISS here on Friday.

1   2   3   4   5   6   7  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz