maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

Nationals 2010

Show Profile  Richard H Posted: 9 December 2009, 2:13 PM  

Soon to appear on the events list on the Nationals website:

Peninsula and Plains Orienteers 2010 Nationals Follow On Series

Come and treat yourselves to three more days of fantastic orienteering in some of New Zealands most scenic locations.

· Courses: Long Red, Medium Red, Short Red, Orange, Yellow, White (no age grades)
· Entry: Via the 2010 Nationals website
· Start times: 10:30am to 1pm with 2 minute intervals. Select your own start time on the start sheet on the day at the event (pre-reserved start times on special request)
· Event fees: $12 Senior , $6 junior, $28 family maximum
· Nearest accommodation for Wednesday and Thursday is Tekapo. Tekapo has a: great range of restaurants, lodgings and luxurious hot pools! Scenic flights are available. University of Canterbury Mt John Observatory is also nearby.
· Nearest accommodation for Saturday is provided by Flock Hill Station. They offer motel, cottage and backpacker options. Cave Stream (a walk through cave) and Castle Hill climbing rocks are also nearby.

Wednesday 7th April 2010
Lake Pukaki (Irishman Creek)
· Glaciated lake edge and farmland
· Elevation is from lake level (525 m) to 615 m
· 20% forest with variety of introduced tree species, 80% farmland
· Views across the emerald blue lake all the way to Mt Cook
· 30 minutes from Tekapo
Thursday 8th April 2010
Lake Tekapo
· Glacial moraine pine forest down to the waters edge
· 5 minutes from Tekapo

Saturday 10th April 2010
Craigieburn (OY3)
· Magnificent sub-alpine hills that range from rolling to steep
· Many shallow re-entrants on the steeper hills
· Areas of wilding pines as well as frendy and less friendly scrub scattered all over the map
· PAPOs 3rd 2010 Orienteer of the Year event
· 90 minutes from Christchurch on the way to Arthurs Pass

Show Profile  jayjay Posted: 9 December 2009, 11:27 PM  
Shame this is all coming together with little planning time. We had to book early to get some cheap deals as we had been warned that accomodation was tight with other family events on locally, being Easter hols. Flights and accomodation are never cheap to change. Happy Xmas.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 December 2009, 12:24 PM  
Hey Gene, if you're still weighing up accom/travel options - or looking for options to weigh up, drop me a line - nic_gorman at yahoo dot com dot au

Show Profile  Richard H Posted: 10 December 2009, 2:21 PM  
But wait there's more...

PAPO have also organised the following, which mesh in nicely with our Irishman Creek and Tekapo events:

NZOF Controllers Clinic
Wednesday/Thursday 7-8th April 2010
This is a clinic for planners aspiring to move on to controlling and controllers who want to move up to A or B grade certification. The clinic will be delivered by Graham Teahan (NZOF Technical Director) in three parts:
· Part I: Wed 7th April 1:30pm-2:30pm. Map walk on the Irishman Creek (Lake Pukaki) map
· Part II: Wed 7th April 4:30pm-6:30pm. Classroom session at Tekapo Community Hall 9-11 Aorangi Crescent, Tekapo.
· Part III: Thurs 8th April 8:30am-10:30am Continuation of classroom session at Tekapo Community Hall 9-11 Aorangi Crescent, Tekapo.
· Please indicate your intention to attend on the Nationals entry form
· There is no charge for this clinic

BYO Social Evening
Wednesday 7th April 2010
A chance to get together&
· Tekapo Community Hall 9-11 Aorangi Crescent, Tekapo
· 7:00pm 10:00pm
· Mystery Guest Speaker at 8:00pm
· Please indicate your intention to attend on the Nationals entry form
· Gold coin donation on the evening to cover hall hire

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 8 February 2010, 4:31 AM  
The Online Entry Form for the New Zealand Orienteering Chpionships 2010 in Central Otago is available now.

http://www.madeventz.co.nz/nationals2010/

Show Profile  sarab Posted: 5 March 2010, 2:46 PM  
hey, just wondering if anybody can help with a ride from dunedin to the first event on friday of nationals. have left booking flights quite late but has worked out well as i have a test at uni on the thursday so wont be in dunedin till hopefully 10ish on the friday morning depending on the flight i book. if anybody can help with this, would be great to hear

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 7 March 2010, 4:02 PM  
Send an email to Riki, he might be able to help you out.
riki.cambridge_AT_gmail.com

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 9 March 2010, 3:13 PM  
Just a reminder about the entry closing date...which is approching rapidly....5pm Friday 19th of March.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 17 March 2010, 2:10 PM  
Just over two days to enter for Nationals 2010!

Enter online at:
http://www.madeventz.co.nz/nationals2010/

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 19 March 2010, 8:06 AM  
1 Hour to go till entries close!

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 19 March 2010, 12:24 PM  
And if your really sneeky, missed the deadline, and still want to come to Nationals down South, you might just be able to try the online entry thing... I tried the first two pages and they worked so might be worth a try!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 March 2010, 7:12 AM  
Your efforts have paid off Tane: a huge entry!

To further intensify the competition: we hereby offer to the M and W21E winners in the 2010 NZ Long Orienteering Champs, free entry in NZ's biggest rogaine, the Metlink City Safari on 16 May. Plus an air fare to Wgtn, pickup from the airport, and billet with local competitors. Fine print applies incl max on the airfare. Game on...

Show Profile  rachie Posted: 25 March 2010, 5:30 AM  
Is anybody leaving Auckland on the afternoon of Thursday the 1st April or the morning of Friday the 2nd April, who would be willing to take a few calendars down to nationals for the JWOC team?
If you can help out then can you please send me an email at rachelgoodwin123@gmail.com

Thanks

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 28 March 2010, 1:47 PM  
yo,

Here is the latest version follow up series info for those who haven't seen it yet.

http://www.paponz.org/2010_Nationals_Followup_Events_Booklet_Info.pdf

also, i will be at these events if that is a draw card for any body(riki), but may need to sleep in your tent(tane) as well . give me a text.

Show Profile  rachie Posted: 29 March 2010, 12:47 PM  
URGENT!!!!

I really, really need help getting the JWOC fundraising calendars down to nationals.
If you are leaving on Thursday night/Friday morning from Auckland and can take a few calendars - even as your hand luggage, it would be a huge help!
Either reply to the thread below or send me an email, rachelgoodwin123@gmail.com
Thanks
Rachel Goodwin

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz