maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

q-bday

Show Profile  mark Posted: 15 May 2007, 12:03 PM  
it's not me

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 16 May 2007, 6:21 AM  
Sorry Mark, my apologies - worked that out later by thinking logically who's intentions Addison would know about rather than where the events are.

So...

Dave Sucks.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 16 May 2007, 10:36 AM  
Hudson, you are a shit lier.

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 17 May 2007, 4:17 AM  
Hang on someone should give me some warning if I'm supposed to make a come back .... and you could wait til i'm allowed to run... so sorry not me.
And anyway why should i make a come back .. i'm still at the top of my game.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 17 May 2007, 12:31 PM  
Addison you tossa, it's about time! No more winning Red 3 courses.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 May 2007, 1:27 PM  
Haha. But Paul you have to remember I made the online entry system so I get to see who has entered online, or should I be telling Hudson that?

Show Profile  mark Posted: 18 May 2007, 1:33 AM  
As if I would use an online entry system.

Internet sux.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 18 May 2007, 2:25 AM  
Everything sux. Everyone sux. Except me. I rule.
(right then, that should cover all bases)

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 21 May 2007, 11:50 AM  
Are there any out of towners flying to Welly for QB who haven't yet sorted out how they're getting round etc once they're there?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 1 June 2007, 8:07 AM  
ummm if my checkin for returning on monday is 1:30... will i have time to do the loops race do ya reckon? someone told me its like 2 hours drive from the map back to welly... so maybe ill have to skip that day? if my start times at like 10:20... mmmm opinions?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 1 June 2007, 9:03 AM  
bloomberg you are a numbskull

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 1 June 2007, 9:55 AM  
i meant opinions about my situation, not about myself personally... though thanks for the compliment jamie your not so bad yourself

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 June 2007, 11:57 PM  
I'd suggest a light trim and maybe some highlights would set your strong jawbone off nicely Bloomers.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 4 June 2007, 9:56 AM  
results?

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 4 June 2007, 10:02 AM  
Today's race was awesome! Got to admit I was a little confused when I saw the programme - I thought why go to the trouble of setting a multiple loop race then not have the changeover at the event centre, and not have a mass start? (for those not there, runners were started in groups of up to 6 on the same course, and there was about a kilometre and 3 controls before the first pivot) But charging through the forest with John and Claire (while Chris T did the sensible thing and hung back to run his own race) for that first km was maybe the most fun I've had orienteering for a while. Different from a relay or other mass start, maybe because with only a small pack we couldn't just follow the crowd, and maybe because we were all pretty closely matched so there wasn't the disapointment of watching the leaders run away from us. And then coming back to the pivot repeatedly with little or no idea of whether you were ahead or behind your fellow starters... and in my case coming through the pivot for the last time, thanking god there was no sight of John or Chris because by that stage there was no way I was going to outrun them over the last 2 legs... (even if the reason I didn't see them had been because they were miles ahead, I'd still be happy to not go head to head with them on that track run!) Great format, really hope to run some more (one a year would be good I reckon)

And loving the last race so much isn't a slight on the rest of the weekend - it was all pretty good quality orienteering, maybe not the most exciting event to BE at in recent months, but so long as some events are like Waitangi atmosphere-wise, it's not the end of the world if they're not all like that.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz