maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Potential Orienteering Map database.

Show Profile  ole codger Posted: 19 March 2007, 3:21 PM  
Could be of interest to CMOC or Hamilton club (why don't you fellas call yourselfs Waikato).Glen Murray- Rangiriri turn off junction, some good native on sth side owned by Lowry's and some good Manuka gullies on Nth side about 1km towards Rangiriri grazed by the same family who are orienteering friendly.
AMAKIWI plantation not far from Naike and owned by a group of farm foresters with various species planted on gully spur. Looks about 80 hectares. Nice cabin there as well.Parking a problem for large event

Show Profile  Selwyn Posted: 19 March 2007, 5:39 PM  
Last month while cycling from Pukerangi to Middlemarch, the area near Pukerangi looked superb for orienteering. There's a block of pines on the lft of the road that might be an ideal addition to the rocky farmland.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 20 March 2007, 2:15 AM  
Matarae? If I understand you correctly...I think you will find that it is already mapped...and the Otago Champs are on there this weekend!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 20 March 2007, 3:20 AM  
Cant quite find where exactly you are talking about Wayne, could you try to put it on the potential map database?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 March 2007, 3:34 AM  
When I click on "View in Google Earth" I get a whole lot of code displayed. I have GE installed. I can view in Google Maps OK.

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 10 April 2007, 4:41 AM  
Anyone checked out Puketutu Island near Auckland airport and Ambury farm park?

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 10 April 2007, 4:47 AM  
Whenever I drive through Taupo (like I did last weekend for the nationals) I drive past an area that looks intricate and runnable from the road.
Has anyone checked out the extent of the forest just south of Waitahanui as you drive up SH 1 on the left hand side just after
the big hill?

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 10 April 2007, 5:47 AM  
Ambury farm park is mapped & used every year for summer series events. Not sure about puketutu island though

Show Profile  Hamish Posted: 10 April 2007, 2:52 PM  
Yes Bryan. Derek Morrison and I went for a walk in there. Absolutely brilliant. It will be felled very shortly judging by size of the trees.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 April 2007, 4:52 AM  
Article in yesterday's herald about how Puketutu Island is being gifted as a park in the nearish future, including a photo map composite which looked like it had a few patches of interesting detail. Not sure if that's gifted to ARC or Manukau CC (if that makes a difference). Will include a wetland/forest restoration area fertilised with biocompost from the surrounding sewage treatment area. Yum.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 11 April 2007, 5:07 AM  
I was out on Puketutu Island last month and thought it would be awesome for a sprint race. That's great news it is becoming a public park.

Show Profile  Bryan Posted: 4 May 2007, 2:06 AM  
Anyone checked out Braemar kettleholes on the shores of Lake Pukaki?

On Braemar Road close by, there's also a place called 'The Black Hole' - this sounds promising.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 4 May 2007, 5:01 AM  
That area must be immediately north of the current irishmans creek area.

Carsten, Chris and I tried to find a beech forest area in the vicinity of Springs junction the other day (immediately south), There is a massive area of beech forest that has flattish contours, however only chris can run through it (carsten and I can't).

I have also suggested to Carsten that he looks in the vicinity of lake pukaki at the area nw of lake alexandrina and the area at the end of mt cook station road (keep on going up the road past braemer to the end....

Still reckon theres an awesome carnival to be had in the mckenzie country!

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 6 May 2007, 7:22 AM  
Carnival in Mckenzie country would be awesome

I reckon Twizel township would be an ideal venue for a sprint race

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 6 May 2007, 8:04 AM  
where's Oceania 2009?

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz