maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

m/w17 - 20e

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 12 October 2005, 3:07 AM  
if you go to much lower then you get down to the m16 course. and course 3 is what 18a runs anyway.

Show Profile  Jack Vincent Posted: 12 October 2005, 1:46 PM  
I think that it should be:

M17-20e = Course 2
M17-20a = Course 4
W17-20e = Course 3/4
W17-20a = Course 5

Its not necessarily the length that is important Tom. I think the biggest gains will be from the increased amount of competition in the grade and therefore each competitor will be pushed harder and to higher levels to keep up with the standard. It could even be M17-20e on course 3. We dont want to screw our bodies when we are juniors and a too long winning time like that of course 2 might be quite hard on an 18 year old.

This message was edited by Jack Vincent on 12 October 2005, 8:47 PM

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 17 October 2005, 2:42 PM  
were rugged jak

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 18 October 2005, 12:53 AM  
"Its not necessarily the length that is important Tom"

Careful. Just like when a woman tells you that, don't believe it.

M17/20e wouldn't be on course 3 - that would help the 19 and 20 year old's preparing for a JWOC classic wouldn't it?

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 28 October 2005, 7:55 AM  
Some seem to think you have a problem getting this through the technical committee.Jack has past it on and its at the "look at stage" Personally it looks a good idea.
The technical committee is here to assist the sport. We simply follow your wishes.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 30 October 2005, 2:13 PM  
yea jak

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 9 February 2006, 4:12 AM  
Well Waitangi weekend showed that this format works amazingly well. Increases competition, doesn't hinder the younger people that much, they can handle it physically. The can get good competition in a lower grade if they aren't ready for elites yet, and both men and woman loved it!

Lets not piss around anymore, who wants to draw up the remit.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 9 February 2006, 5:09 AM  
I would tend to look the other way here for one second Neil.

It worked bloody awesome, but the reasons for that was because this was a unique event with unique formats.

Almost every event in the country is a bloody classic, we had one classic and a few of the younger guys were complaining about how it was one of the hardest runs in they have ever done (perhaps a good thing?), but physically some of them showed the distance was difficult. If this grade was to come in for every event, it would just turn some off possibly.

Perhaps the first thing that needs to change is our countries mentality of having long courses all the bloody time. Sure, there are people out there such as myself who do enjoy a good hard classic. But then I really enjoy sprints/middles etc and unique events such as the loop race.

Perhaps a trial period of certain events would be more in order, rather than rushing in and possibly turning off a few of the younger people who would be running in the grade

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 9 February 2006, 6:22 AM  
It was not a 18a + 20a in one grade, just 20, but pegged up to the E stage.

The order goes 20b -> 20as -> 20a -> (20L in Sweden) -> 20E

Don't all go jumping the gun, there is a time and a place for a 20E, this event was one.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 16 February 2006, 5:16 AM  
i agree with neil, harden up simon your just scared because you wont win.
like greg says there is a 20b 20as etc for people who cant handle it.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 16 February 2006, 5:42 AM  
Excuse me Thomas? Dont ever tell me to harden up you fucking pansy.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 16 February 2006, 11:45 AM  
Orienteers are way harder than mountain bikers. In fact anyone from Putaruru is way harder than a pansy Aucklander.

Show Profile  PaulS Posted: 16 February 2006, 11:56 AM  
Thomas can you please confirm or deny the rumour that a junior member of the schools team bought you to tears last year?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 16 February 2006, 2:08 PM  
Good to see maptalk getting back to the way it was.

Jamie will be pleased.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 17 February 2006, 9:37 AM  
yeah stoked. love to see pansy Aucklanders being ridiculed, whose the next Dave Stewart...Simon Jager or Thomas Reynolds?

1   2   3   4   5   6   7   8   9   10   11   12   13  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz