maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

JWOC Switzerland

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 6 July 2005, 2:15 PM  
e Thomas Widmann (T.O.L.) compie l’impresa di giornata in H20 rifilando 3 minuti al finlandese Ilkka Juutilainen e quasi 4 a Ross Morrison, della squadra nazionale junior neozelandese

My Italian sucks, is Ross 3rd or 4th?? (Results from day 2)

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 6 July 2005, 2:18 PM  
sola ceca Iva Rufferova

Its for Names (girls) like that, that will make these boys enjoy europe

Show Profile  addison Posted: 6 July 2005, 8:55 PM  
Ross won day 1. Martin 2nd. Me 4th I think.

Day 2. Ross 3rd 61mins- Me 4th 66 mins. Tane beat martin by 10s- both about 76mins.

Sprint ross did about 17mins 40. martin about 30s after. me about 30s after again. tane few mins back. we all expected street sprint. but it was in the forest with only endding in street. got let into it at last minute and wasnt prepared sorta. in switzeerland now did training about to have tea.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 7 July 2005, 12:58 AM  
Struggled a bit on day 2, took a dodge route choice that was too risky, been replaying it in my head a few times so hopefully have learnt. training good in switzerland so far. have been finding the hills a bit easier (starting to get more used to them). team is going reasonably, ^trying to be motivating and encouraging. tomorrow we train on 2 maps, friday on 1 map, sunday ross an lizzie run the sprint then model on monday.

results are available for italian 5 day on the web somewhere - they had a printed version at the event.

brent, fraser karl etc might remember an italian guy called France from jwoc 96 i think- he was the comentator in italy and befriended the ny team, often mentioning us over the loudspeaker and wishing us well when we left.

getting late, breakfast at 7.30. lots of sleep happening at all hours of the day...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 7 July 2005, 4:12 AM  
May I suggest that "squadra nazionale junior neozelandese" is far sexier than "the d-squad", and should be adopted as the official title for this esteemed group?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 8 July 2005, 6:37 AM  
Results are finally up on the website.

Everyone did really well fresh of the plane in there first races in Europe. Great runs in particular from Lizzie and Ross winning a day and also an excellent day two run from Emma after a troubled first day.

So everyone looks good then? There should be a positive vibe in the camp. Try and enjoy it and build on it.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 July 2005, 10:28 PM  
people generally happy with how they're going. winding down now. rest day planned for saturday. today's map (monte ceneri) was different again from other training maps we've been on. lots of prickly trees and undergrowth, and the chesunut prickles really dig into you!

on saturday we are watching the postfinance sprint quals, on sunday ross and lizzie are running in the unofficial jwoc sprint in Bellinzona - we went and had a look around the town today, 3 impressive castles and some spectacular views of what we suspect is the start/finish area.

the countdown is nearing an end

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 July 2005, 4:48 AM  
Looks like results aren't going up superfast on the JWOC site or the link to them is pretty obscure, so what's the news? How did Ross and Lizzie go?

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 11 July 2005, 4:49 AM  
Sprint

Lizzie 9th!!!!
Ross 10th!!!!

www.solv.ch
Click on Results;
Drop down menu - Post Finance Sprint

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 11 July 2005, 5:08 AM  
Splits reveal a good consistant run from Lizzie and Ross was on fire.

The winner of the mens got 4 splits, 2nd place 3 splits....Ross 5! Including the finish.

Congratulations guys.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 11 July 2005, 6:09 AM  
Holy Shit!

Brilliant work you two! Good luck team for the rest of the week.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 12 July 2005, 4:30 AM  
Fantissimo - Brilliant stuff! Good luck in the mid-quals today and finals tomorrow. Go go go!

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 12 July 2005, 6:16 PM  
Results are finally through - on the world's slowest server :-P http://www.asti-ticino.ch/jwoc2005/results/final.php?race=qmd

Ross 5th & Lizzie 10th!!

Show Profile  James Posted: 13 July 2005, 7:26 AM  
Awesome stuff guys!! especially ross and lizzie, kick some ass in the final!
anyone know what happened to emma?? was it a mp? or she injure herself, hope not!
just checked out some of the splits...........i know that im a kiwi and all, but did anyone see hanny & julians runs??
hanny kicked but the entire course, if she runs like that today, the gold medal is hers!! and julian was running really well, till a big mistake,watch out for these 2. would be cool to aussie on the podeum as well as ross and lizzie

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 13 July 2005, 8:57 AM  
Awesome stuff guys, keep up the good work.

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz