maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Super series results

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 23 November 2004, 5:59 AM  
Hey Michael, sounds like it was a great start to the super series..but one thing, on the results website competitors should be listed by super series team not club as it makes it easier for people to follow what is going on...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 8 January 2005, 5:59 PM  
Will consider. Results up to the middle-distance race at Stillwater now on the Superseries website www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html. Tania has a substantial lead, Chris has overtaken Karl, and in spite of a good sprint showing by Bivouac, MacNut is well in front.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 15 January 2005, 5:38 PM  
Bivouac Southerly Storm made as many points as the other two teams put together at today's Superseries event at Waioneke. This brings it past Central Magic in its chase to regain the lead now held by MacNut Northerners. Tania Robinson and Chris Forne lead the individual rankings. Results are on the Superseries website www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 14 March 2005, 6:58 AM  
Good elite entries for Easter - up 36% for women, 22% for men. List and prospects on the Superseries website www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 14 March 2005, 3:47 PM  
An exciting late entry for the nationals - check out the SS website www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html Maybe magic wands DO work...

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 March 2005, 2:13 AM  
I'm afraid it will take more than Yvette Baker to lift the Central whoever they are from the wooden spoon (they are a bunch of spoons).

Besides most of central magic live in Akld anyway...whats with that?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 29 March 2005, 8:42 AM  
The results table is updated. Results are closer than gross totals indicate. Team results are also closer after fixing small errors.

www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 March 2005, 2:56 AM  
Imagine the carnage resulting from the nationals weekend if we (the Southerly Storm) had four women counting and two men!

What do people think of a rule change that allows a teams top six results to count with a minimum of two from either gender?

I think this sounds fairer and encourages equality!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 30 March 2005, 5:33 AM  
no

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 30 March 2005, 5:39 AM  
Stop trying to make it so that your useless team can win.

Just because your coming second you want to change the rules.

Can't wait to go down there for CC and extend our lead even further.

Hahahahaha

Jamie Sux

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 March 2005, 9:59 AM  
Don't get me wrong, I have no doubt that our team will reclaim the lead by the end of the trials weekend no matter what rules are created to attempt to make you useless misfits competitive with us

The proposed rule change was put out there for consideration for next year and I believe recognises that strength in the womens grade should be recognised as much as strength in the mens. The six overall results give flexibility to those teams that have weakness in either gender.

Good reasoning Greg - I can imagine you as that mature student who is always right!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 31 March 2005, 3:02 AM  
You are just wanting a change to give flexibility? Your team is the only team with strength in the female gender, so really for 66.666% of the other teams you are doing nothing! - It sould be strength in results not in numbers

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 31 March 2005, 6:49 AM  
Only counting the top two girls, does not sound like much of a team competition to me. I think the superseries team points should simply be the total of the individual points. As it is, there is no team incentive for half our women as their points won't be counted regardless of how well they do. I think a teams competition should be about all the team doing well, not just the top two.

Summing the individual points also provides an incentive for some of the weaker orienteers to try as hard as they can. So long as they get in the top 12 they will at least contribute some points to the team.

By doing this there is an incentive for teams to develop and improve their weaker members, not just their top two.

If you follow Gregs reasoning, you would only count the top male and female result for each team, which would give Southerly Storm 174, Central, 122 and Northern 154, which seems a bit of a joke to me.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 31 March 2005, 7:15 AM  
I think that the points system at the moment is fine.
If more woman were counted than it would stuff Central Magic (they only have 2 woman runners anyway).

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 31 March 2005, 8:06 AM  
If you follow my reasoning its the same as the current format-so how did you come up with 2 males and 2 females? Still trying to find away to steal our top spot!

The way it is a the moment is good as it shows the difference in depth between the males and females. Other team members still take points away from the other teams, by doing well they contributing in that manner.

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 31 March 2005, 9:07 AM  
Central Magic obviously needs to do some more recruiting or train up some of their current members.

Also, how about some of those older juniors or W35s?

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz