maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

WOC 2003 Switzerland

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 5 August 2003, 3:34 PM  
17 from each heat to the finals in the long and middle distance which means only 51 in the final. Which also means that as there is only a maximum of 3 from each country (apart from if you won last time when you get an extra place for that named person - presuming they qualify) so it will be a bit easier to get better results than it was up until 2 years ago. Probably by a factor of about 4-10 places. Top 20 will be just as hard but top 40 will be a little easier.

Start lists for classic (Wednesday):
Women: Link
Men: Link

Rules for the Sprint qualification are here: Link (there was no qualification race)

Edited by - alistair on 5/08/2003 22:39:34

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 6 August 2003, 12:18 AM  
Pictures...
Link
Link

Edited by - alistair on 6/08/2003 19:23:22

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 6 August 2003, 1:55 AM  
Check out Troy De Haas in the Sprint. Link

Somehow managed to be in 51st place at the 7th control. From then onwards his last 10 splits are in the the top 5. From 51st to 17th. Imagine if he had a better start.

Great run Tania and Chris. Does anything faze the Southern man?

Edited by - Andrew M on 6/08/2003 08:56:06

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 6 August 2003, 12:25 PM  
Damn it - they worked last night. Did a little investigation and found new versions of the links which I hope work this time. Try again.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 6 August 2003, 12:29 PM  
And Brenda - do a full refresh on your browser (Ctrl-F5 if you you Micro$oft's Internet Explorer) - then hopefully you'll see more. Note there is a "next" link to the right of the pictures at the bottom when you scroll to the right...

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 6 August 2003, 11:10 PM  
Rachel Link (hope this link works later...)

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 8 August 2003, 1:57 PM  
There is live coverage on Link http://66.227.104.145:8060/listen.pls You need a shoutcast client like winamp (www.winamp.com)

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 8 August 2003, 2:24 PM  
Andreas: Link

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 8 August 2003, 2:43 PM  
Think it's all over. Andreas and Tan only qualifiers 17th and 16th respectively. Good on them, comiserations everyone else. It must be tiring doing everything, I noticed Yuri hasn't qualified

Edited by - jenni on 8/08/2003 21:45:10

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 8 August 2003, 7:57 PM  
Andreas in the final: Link

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 August 2003, 1:30 AM  
Al can you open the relay start list file? It says file damaged when I try. Just wondering who was in the NZ men's team? And who Carsten might be battling with on the last leg.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 9 August 2003, 3:02 AM  
NZ in running order:

Tania
Rachel
Claire

Andreas
Chris
Greg

Other men on last leg:
Haldin
Holger
Rudolf
Mamleev
Lauenstein (swi)
Tom Q.
Jamie
Olle Kärner
Thierry G.
Banach
Davidik
Gabor
Zazgornik
Shin
Javier Gomez
Taverano
Wingstedt

I could open the file: Link (http://138.188.216.170/lists/sl_relay_public.pdf)

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 August 2003, 3:06 AM  
Thanks Al, I can open it now too, maybe they were changing it or something when I tried before. I don't think I'll be able to "watch" it live because I have to get up for a phone meeting to the States at 7am and so 1am or later is not that appealing.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 August 2003, 6:13 PM  
I am up. I only meant to look for a while but it's addictive. Where is Rachel? Should they go out and look for her? Or have they missed her on the results? She's lost about 15 minutes between RC3 and the finish?

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 9 August 2003, 6:19 PM  
Phew they must have missed her. Claire has appearedm in 15th place still ahead of the Australians. Tan had an amazing run. Carsten's bloody team mates didn't. He's caught up 7 places and held their 7 mins+ behind the leader. If only he'd been starting a little higher...
Claire's going steadily which is great to see, touching wood.

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz