maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

Superseries 2004

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 9 June 2003, 12:26 AM  
Maybe you should read that thread again Rob before commenting on it.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 9 June 2003, 4:01 AM  
My apologies Greg. I originally thought your "no variation" meant no variation to the original programme of five 105 min classics.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 9 June 2003, 4:46 AM  
Only events that are confirmed and on the calendar should be included. Therefore my suggestion is:

Auckland Champs 11/12 October
Central District Champs 25/26/27 October
Wellington Champs 8/9 November
South Island Champs 22/23 November
Southern 6 days January
Easter 9-12 April
Queens Birthday 5/6/7 June

And one more thing every race counts

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 9 June 2003, 4:52 AM  
Would have been good to include the NZ Secondary School champs, elites just to run the Senior Boys course so no extra work would be made, but looking at the calendar they are in July when many elites will be in Europe already (and the event always clashes with JWOC)so this would not be practical.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 9 June 2003, 12:54 PM  
Frasers Idea is good but I think the limiting factor would be how much more funding we get, The only reason the races were good this year was because of the attendance of most Squad members. So if funding is only possible for 3 or 4 rounds then I reckon have 1 more than that as we use to travel off our own back at least once a year?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 10 June 2003, 7:01 AM  
I apologise for suggesting that a super series with 3 rounds was ludicrous, that is after all only my opinion.

Chris, yes you are unaware

Greg, Naseby is already embargoed and currently been remapped

I think Frasers idea is good, but I think there are too many events in Spring and a 3-1 inter-island split will create bias. Instead of events then have at least one, preferably two, building up to nationals.

Having all events count? good in theory but might make things into a bit of a joke?

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 10 June 2003, 9:50 AM  
When and where is this multiday event, and how come you expect people to know about it when it isn't advertised on DOC or NZOF's website. (At least I can't find any reference to it).

Chris

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 June 2003, 11:57 AM  
Yes but are the map for Auckland champs??

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 June 2003, 1:04 PM  
The 3-1 inter island split sounds good to me at least then 3/4 of the events have a chance of being half decent.

Show Profile  fancy_michael Posted: 10 June 2003, 6:02 PM  
quote:
When and where is this multiday event, and how come you expect people to know about it when it isn't advertised on DOC or NZOF's website
Chris, the link to the Southern 6 Day info page, is on the front page of the DOC website. Go to Link -and look just below the little skier dude. You can also link from there to an entry from

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 11 June 2003, 12:59 AM  
I believe that Chris was referring to this event which Jamie seems to be proposing
quote:
I think we need a final super series wekend after Nationals,maybe QB isn't the right time, maybe we should hold it earlier, say 3 weeks after nationals. This weekend would be in the opposite island from Nationals, i.e next year in the South Island.

Edited by - Melissa on 11/06/2003 09:00:18

Show Profile  mark Posted: 11 June 2003, 3:10 AM  
quote:
Naseby is already embargoed

Is this true? I haven't heard anything about it.
I will be running around Naseby in December.
Does this mean I can't do the Naseby events in the super series?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 11 June 2003, 3:33 AM  
aye?

My club (DOC) is holding an event in Spring, which happens after Winter, nowhere near Autumn, ie Queens Birthday and it is....the South Island Champs, hint Fraser managed to find it somewhere.

People should read things more carefully. What Chris was raving on about I have no idea...and Melissa ???

A multi-day = any event where there is more than one day....if that has been a source of confusion.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 11 June 2003, 3:35 AM  
The event after nationals which I am proposing is purely hypothetical....although Otago Champs was around this time this year!

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 11 June 2003, 4:30 AM  
O.K, so I am pretty stupid, and thought jamie was refering to another multiday event early next year. For some reason my springs seem to be turning into late summers.

Yes, I agree the SI Champs should be in the super series.

Chris

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz