maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

NZ Orienteering Champs 2013

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 28 March 2013, 3:15 PM  
Can you list the mapper(s) for each map, rather than just list a team

If you make a statement like "This competition will be run in accordance with the NZOF Competition Rules for New Zealand Foot Orienteering Events" then you should follow them ALL, unlike like facebook postings you cant pick and chose which ones you use

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 28 March 2013, 9:07 PM  
As always it is delightful to receive your critique which is nicely phrased and wrapped with a few positive things to make it go down a bit better!It makes it a joy to be an organiser.

Sprint: Matt and Chris
Middle: Carsten
Long: Linley and Michael
Relay: Linley

One of the factors that made last years Nationals the coolest in human memory was the sudden lack of postings like the above on various internet fora. It just makes things so much more enjoyable for everybody.

Here's for a great positive weekend of enjoyable orienteering for everybody. I'm looking forward to it. All I see is, that everybody has done a great job and it should be so much fun. Bring it on!

Show Profile  Paul Posted: 28 March 2013, 11:53 PM  
^ 4:07am Understandably a little blunt. Looking forward to seeing you Carsten and the rest of the papo team on your home turf. The weather is looking sweet too. See you soon!

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 29 March 2013, 6:19 AM  
Fair enough Carsten! I mean does it really matter? It's not as of it prevents courses from being invalidated or protested against. Cough cough.

Show Profile  valerie Posted: 29 March 2013, 6:24 AM  
Seems pretty nit-picky Greg. I mean it is pretty hard to follow all the rules when the Federation who makes them picks and chooses which rules THEY follow.

Show Profile  JD Junior Posted: 29 March 2013, 2:55 PM  
Hope everyone enjoyed the day today. Personally I think the courses and map were most excellent challenging fun.
Greg, you'll be pleased to know that I have addressed your little query on the website - too late for the Programme obviously.
I'm afraid I still don't know which rule we broke by not doing so if that was what you were saying... Ever tried looking at the NZOF website as someone who doesn't live and breathe technicalities every day?
Looking forward to Carsten's courses tomorrow immensely.

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 29 March 2013, 4:04 PM  
Does the NZOF website function?

Show Profile  AlisterM Posted: 30 March 2013, 12:42 PM  
Thanks to Carsten's continuing good work you can now view all of the Sprint and Middle Distances courses on RouteGadget. Follow the links on the event website results tab. http://nzonationals2013.org.nz/results/
Please draw on your routes so that we can all relive the excitement of the races.

Show Profile  JD Junior Posted: 30 March 2013, 2:20 PM  
Just posted some great looking photos from Andy J. of the Sprint up on Facebook and on our Flickrstream - links available from the Results page of the event website. If you've got other photos to share, let me know on info@nzonationals2013.org.nz, and I'll give you the Flickr login details...
Cheers all, see you tomorrow for some big hills :-).

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 31 March 2013, 10:39 AM  
These are the links to todays Long Distance results on winsplit

http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/default.asp?page=classes&databaseId=24698

as well as the link to route gadget for the courses and hopefully soon lots of dudes route choices - sweet as

http://routechoice.co.nz/gadget/cgi-bin/reitti.cgi?act=map&id=219&kieli=en

Show Profile  Chris Forne Posted: 1 April 2013, 9:22 AM  
Awesome Nationals. Really enjoyed every day, even if that sneaky Matt did beat me in both the Middle and Long

Show Profile  darren Posted: 1 April 2013, 1:05 PM  
Great work PAPO, four fantastic areas and great fun courses. Thanks to everyone who put in the hours of hardwork to make the weekend such a success.

Show Profile  theoman Posted: 1 April 2013, 1:21 PM  
Fantastic nationals, terrain, mapping, courses, organisation all was simply amazing! Today would of had to of been the best orienteering experience I have had in NZ!

Finally got Chris

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 1 April 2013, 1:41 PM  
Couldn't agree more, and I don't believe there has been a better Nationals, especially with the variety of maps.

Matt Ogden stole the show though proving to be top dog, and only 20 years of age, and Chris was super impressive as his Godzone race must have jaded him a bit. Wish Ross was here.

Some of the juniors results were astounding, and I reckon the Aussies ain't seen nothing yet!!!!

When a 16 year old Nick Smith, can beat Carsten and Darren on tough gully spur terrain, and fly through the tricky sand dunes 8 minutes ahead of Paul Ireland, there is a talent, let alone all the promising junior girls like I've never seen in my life, the next few years are going to be very exciting.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 1 April 2013, 2:00 PM  
Awesome nationals! Thanks to everyone involved.

Bring on Canterbury Champs.

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz