maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5  

Queen's Birthday Weekend

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 30 May 2011, 6:41 AM  
QB Preview. Get excited! Some awesome racing coming up.

http://thomasreynolds.wordpress.com/2011/05/30/qb-3-day-orienteering-preview/

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 May 2011, 6:53 AM  
Loving all this self promotion

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 30 May 2011, 7:05 AM  
Some big calls coming out, even the double national champ Ross Morrison isn't favorite for the win! Should be some exciting racing

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 May 2011, 7:38 AM  
Should be awesome racing. I think Tom's picks are usually pretty good, although he perhaps shows some bias towards his Auckland mates...so for a more onjective view ;-)

Mr Dravitski might get up there amongst Toby, Matt, Gene and Ross for the overall results (of the 3 races). They will be top five... followed by Darren, then Tom .... then possibly one or two Australians within the top 10?

As for the individual races, impossible to pick.

Show Profile  DMjunior Posted: 30 May 2011, 8:06 AM  
the most exciting battle will be between Jamie and Bryn im picking

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 30 May 2011, 8:09 AM  
Tane and Carsten should have the legs and speed navigating skills too, it's going to be a good good weekend.
Aussies...? Murry Scown in fine running form and getting the non travelling reserve spot for the woc team, Rob Preston better form than ever this year perhaps, Simon Uppill, well wev'e seen Simon in action at woodhill before, i would never discount him for top spots in any terrain.
Barr and Rattray I'm personally not up with the play on the form of those guys, and then there are a couple of the top Ausssie Jwoc'ers Joshua Blatchford and Lachlan Dow both very quick young men who are pushing their way into the elite over the ditch...
The test match could show some surprises.

What about the women anyone?

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 30 May 2011, 10:34 AM  
Speaking of legs, there's a new predictive octopus on the block called Iker. Pretty useless compared to Paul tho; it picked Man U over Barcelona.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 May 2011, 11:07 AM  
I'll be surprised if the Aussie men other than Simon can make the top few. I'd never underrate Carsten, Darren, Karl or Nick H, but reckon the Auckland based boys have the best chances as they have been training so much on similar terrain.

My choices are Ross and Toby

Best upset chances Nick H Jamie and Duncan.

Going to be really exciting stuff.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 30 May 2011, 11:29 AM  
Go Nick Hann! Rob rates you obviously.....

Show Profile  rossmaxmo Posted: 30 May 2011, 11:42 AM  
I rate Duncan, I saw him running tonight he looked fast and hungry and like he wants nothing more than to upset as many people as he can.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 30 May 2011, 1:13 PM  
Controlling his speed when he is amped will be the biggest challenge.

The same applies to all of them though.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 30 May 2011, 1:15 PM  
Ross I hope you mean upset people by beating them, not by running with a double down in his hand or naked or something...

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 May 2011, 2:21 PM  
Yeah I think Duncan & Tane might be too angry for the overall result.

Any of 20 might win a race. But I'm sticking by my top 7 with no Australians for the 3 race result. Carsten isn't racing.

I'm not going to surprise anyone (except perhaps a few old woman when they pass me). ..

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 30 May 2011, 3:39 PM  
I hope you don't mean that the way it sounds, Jamie

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 30 May 2011, 8:59 PM  
Warning to all old ladies... Jamie is the one wearing the trenchcoat.

1   2   3   4   5  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz