maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4  

I'm really looking forward to it but I maintain that:

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 2 April 2009, 1:26 AM  
I recognise that the one catch with encouraging a summer season is that fire risk can close off access to our playgrounds. However, predictably, EVERY year most of the country loses access to most of their maps (being farmland) approximately August to October.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 2 April 2009, 2:07 AM  
Fire risk, lambing, cold weather, exams. Noones ever happy or ever willing to budge... I've certainly got my own opinion on *when* Nationals should be (which is, essentially, count backwards from WOC). But we know that this argument can go round and round in circles for 100's of posts so... lets try to find some common ground:

*Is the current hodge-podge the optimal arrangement? No.

*Can we run successful big summer events? Yes.

*Even in Auckland? Yes (eg: Oceania 2005).

*Is there room in the calendar for a couple more 'key' events? Yes, although no long weekends.

*Is Easter "doable" for host clubs/competitors nationwide? Yes.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 2 April 2009, 2:35 AM  
retard

Show Profile  nick Posted: 2 April 2009, 2:43 AM  
you sad sad cnt... is that the only word you know? you never talk. you never race. you just troll maptalk typing retard. keep it up bro, you're coming across like a real winner.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 2 April 2009, 5:30 AM  
Selwyn
Nic and Nick have covered the main reply points to your post.

The fact that you don't have public access training areas doesn't really affect when Nationals should be, it doesn't change throughout the year, it just means you have to work harder than we do (and do permissions) to provide a weekly training series. We use some of our small areas that might not be suitable for events but can be used with loops etc for training. I really beleive in the value of weekly training (one of the great things about living in Sweden) which is why I've put some effort in to get it going here in Christchurch. By the way through a bit of a careless choice of residence/club when we last lived in Stockholm, we drove/bussed about an hour each way, each Thursday to go to our weekly O training (with 1 year old in tow). We thought it was worth it.

Also for all those in their last year at school thinking about which university to go to, note, yes Auckand has great orienteering areas but Christchurch has great close areas for regular evening orienteering training and we use them.

Show Profile  Linley Posted: 2 April 2009, 6:41 AM  
Just adding to the comments. The Waitangi carnival is a great event but is always the first week of school. This week is crucial for making friends, choosing desks, getting the hang of the new class etc. Not a good time for parents. Can't we put it back a week and finish the school holidays in style?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 April 2009, 6:57 AM  
I cant believe either of the last 2 posts (the end of Jenni's), I dont think I can even put down what I want to say in words, bloody hell

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 2 April 2009, 9:38 AM  
Orienteers are loners who excel at school. What is your point ....

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 2 April 2009, 10:22 AM  
Greg - How about
Jenni, you're right Auckland doesn't have that great areas close to the city for training...
or
Jenni, you're wrong we do have good areas for technical training in the evenings we just haven't got round to organizing it...
or
Jenni, you're wrong we do we do have good areas for technical training in the evenings and we've been holding them for the last x weeks...

Rob C if you give me Greg's password I'll pop in some words for him.

And Greg I wouldn't hassle Rob C and Simon about their size because someone I was chatting to at an event we were all at recently said, "Oh Greg Flynn looks more and more like Rob C everytime I see him!"

Now I did say to Carsten I wouldn't write that because you'd get so mad you'd roll off your seat, but you know I can't resist a bit of winding up some times and you're just so easy.

Now it's nerly time to print off the maps for our weekly training tonight at 6pm so I better get a move on. Love ya!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 April 2009, 11:19 AM  
I find you're comments ironic, thats all

In one of your options replace the "we've" with "I've" and you'll be right, cause orienteering is an individual sport

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 2 April 2009, 4:36 PM  
"Oh Greg Flynn looks more and more like Rob C everytime I see him!"

Probably said by someone ugly and lonely who doesnt have a sexy wife/girlfriend to bonk the living daylights out of on a regular basis.

Wasn't Brent per chance was it?

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 3 April 2009, 1:46 AM  
No it wasn't, but whoever said that is right.

P.S. I plan on bonking your wife and Gregs grilfriend next time I see them.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 3 April 2009, 1:47 AM  
The above comment should probably be on a differnt topic.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 3 April 2009, 2:44 AM  
Rootgadget?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 3 April 2009, 8:45 AM  
...laugh outloud....

thanks!

1   2   3   4  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz