maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

2009 NZ O National Championships Countdown

Show Profile  kjones Posted: 30 March 2009, 4:44 AM  
hi rog are you going to update the entries page on the event website just so we can se the latest entreies thanks

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 2 April 2009, 7:07 AM  
Sorry kjones, they haven't been cleared for release yet. however, Sprint Start list is now available...

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 2 April 2009, 7:10 AM  
Version Two of the 2009 New Zealand Orienteering Championships Programme is available for download now on the event website. The Event Programme contains important information about the events, and all competitors need to read it.

Event organisers wish to minimise the verbal instructions given by the starter about the courses. You are expected to become familiar with information in this programme and read any signs at the event centre and start area.

For those who have downloaded version one of the document, changes from the previous version of the programme are highlighted by a red bar in the left hand column.

The Programme, updates, and start lists are made available for download on the 'Home' page of the event website. http://www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz/nationals09/

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 2 April 2009, 7:11 AM  
SPRINT EVENT CHANGE:
For the Sprint Event on Friday 10th April 2009 the start times are from 14:30 (2:30 pm) - a change from original announcement.

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 3 April 2009, 11:13 AM  
MIDDLE and LONG:
The Middle Distance and Long Distance Championships Events Start Lists are now available for download from the 'Home' page of the 2009 NZ Championships website.

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 3 April 2009, 1:13 PM  
Due to a misplaced entry the middle and long distance elite start lists have to be redrawn. The corrected start lists will be posted on the website as soon as possible.

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 5 April 2009, 1:04 AM  
EVENT PROGRAMME UPDATED
The Event Programme has been updated to version 3. Please visit the 2009 NZ Champs website 'Home' page to download.

Middle Distance Event details on pages 16 - 19 updated, including:
* Schedule, Assembly Area, Farm Owner, Course Lengths and Climb, Toilets,
* Safety Bearing
* Map Scale
* Fences
* Elites Quarantine Area

START LISTS- MIDDLE & LONG
The Middle and Long Distance event start lists version two are also available.

http://www.orienteeringauckland.org.nz/nationals09/

Show Profile  addison Posted: 5 April 2009, 2:39 AM  
A note to all organisers. Do not ever release multiple versions of an event programme, as people will only ever read it once.

If anything, get sections finalised, and release it section by section.

But the best case is to be slightly late and have it all done at once.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 5 April 2009, 2:51 AM  
However from time to time in spite of best efforts it is necessary to make some changes to something already released. I am pleased to see AOC indicate what has changed, rather than leave the early downloaders to wonder if we've spotted all the changes.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 6 April 2009, 5:15 AM  
At least with the label version 1 it seemed likely there was more to come and I decided if I printed it out at all it wouldn't be till Thursday!

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 6 April 2009, 11:49 AM  
"buy your booze today"

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 6 April 2009, 12:53 PM  
Great call Stu.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 16 April 2009, 10:50 AM  
Is there any chance of getting the Relay results on Winsplits or have I overlooked them

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 16 April 2009, 10:53 AM  
And route gadget

Show Profile  Rog Posted: 17 April 2009, 4:30 AM  
Hi Guys,
Re: Relays on Winsplits and routegadget
I am looking into it and welcome any suggestions on how to best to manage uploading relays with splits on each leg. In theory there were up to 27 combinations for leg one, allocated randomly.

I have experimented with uploading them, using several approaches, with the best experiment outcomes being below:

Winsplits

http://www.obasen.nu/winsplits/online/en/classes.asp?databaseId=11400

Route Gadget:
http://routegadget.aucklandorienteering.org.nz

Ideally,be nice to see all leg one runners simultaneously running on routegadget. Each runner splitting up to their own split controls based on their combination.
I suspect we need to alter things a little more to tidy this up, as at the moment its not the best. Once you are happy with it it can go up on routechoice.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz