maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

TONIC

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 28 October 2008, 12:21 AM  
How good was that!

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 October 2008, 1:35 AM  
Very. For the lazy, here is the link: http://www.madeventz.co.nz/tonic/. And great to see RouteGadget is back, a hugely valuable learning tool for competitors and also planners. Thanks to Martin Peat who originally looked after it, who is doing so now? In due course could you look at day 1 race 2, seems to be displaying race 1. Others, get your routes on (via the event website --> results).

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 28 October 2008, 5:33 AM  
Any chance of having the names listed by course rather than grade? Makes it a bit hard to compare when 4 or 5 grades run the same course.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 28 October 2008, 5:56 AM  
mate, although i sucked, i thought TONIC was a fantastic bunch of events. many thanks.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 28 October 2008, 8:21 AM  
mate, I sucked more when you caught me up while you were walking!Shouldn't I have got a prize or something for that?

I really want to visit the maze again, with out the pressure of a race.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 28 October 2008, 8:35 AM  
mate, I want to visit the start of Beautiful Hills again, without the pressure of a race. I think it might need the maze treatment.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 28 October 2008, 9:17 AM  
mate, whats the point without the pressure of a race

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 October 2008, 9:27 AM  
mate, I loved the weekend. I really want on route gadget to be able to view the maze by course.... just so that I can watch Greg, Jager and I smashing you Marquita!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 October 2008, 9:28 AM  
mate, also so that I can see evidence of Jager following Greg and I.

Show Profile  marcusd Posted: 28 October 2008, 9:51 AM  
mate, I cant wait until Nationals next year so I can race Neil K in 21A!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 28 October 2008, 10:16 AM  
To all the old people who struggle with technology, to compare your route with others in a different grade using Routegadget, select all classes, then everyone who has drawn there route shall appear. Your then free to select whomever you wish to have a virtual mass start with.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 28 October 2008, 10:36 AM  
mate, I would rather follow a blind chicken than either of your two overly large posteriors. I am still startled by your amazing (lack of) pace yesterday!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 28 October 2008, 1:18 PM  
we'll let the splits to the talking ;-)

Show Profile  pete s Posted: 28 October 2008, 1:20 PM  
Roger Wooderoofs the man who has put route gadget up for this, so all credit to him for this one (following from Martins lead).

Glad you all enjoyed it - we've a few things to iron out for next year in terms of organisation, but am glad to say the courses were great, and some good racing had :-)

And Marquita, I thought you enjoyed seeing your name ahead of all the blokes??! :-)

Show Profile  Hamish Posted: 28 October 2008, 1:20 PM  
Great weekend. Thanks to all those involved in putting on the event. You guys did a great job and I hope you've had heaps of positive feedback.

Show Profile  James Posted: 28 October 2008, 2:55 PM  
Awesome weekend, awesome variety of terrain which provided a great array of challenges.
Just some constructive criticism.......... i thought that the start times seemed to stretch over quite a long period. Not sure if there was a particular reason for this? But i feel that it took away from some of the social atmoshpere of the event. And having a few of our top junior elites finishing during the prize giving wasnt ideal.
Id be keen to hear what other elites though about the 6min start intervals? I realise that it reduces the 'following' element, but personally i prefer the closer start intervals to add a bit of pressure and get a bit more head to head racing, making it more fun

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz