maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

Pre WOC racing

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 15 August 2007, 12:18 PM  
Hey Jamie, I know I ramble, and I do promise to try to keep it more minimal.... but just to let you know that I'm not in need of a complete labotomy, earlier on in the day I was checking out the very interesting O squad blog, next thing I'm watching an amusing youtube video about Hitler and Masha, it was very funny, I thought that you had attached it to the site, clearly not. Don't know where it popped up from. I guess ya had to be there!

...moving on (but hopefully not rambling), the middle distance sanddune terrain looks fantastic. Some of it looks superfast with possitive land forms like around wanganui while other bits look as subtle and dangerous as the most difficult parts of woodhill. I would imagine there will be some real casualties.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 15 August 2007, 11:29 PM  
haha, I see, those videos change all the time, I just choose a search expression then wolla endless amusement...amazing what "ukraine adventures" there are!

Yeah it looks interesting, similar to the JWOC I did in Bulgaria in 99. The thing is those top guys, especialy the Russians like Khramov are so good at running straight on this stuff...will be interesting t see the results.

Thanks for the posts Clem, keep it up. I reckon our dudes are pretty suited to a nice green sprint.

This message was edited by Jamie on 16 August 2007, 7:33 AM

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 16 August 2007, 2:27 AM  
Gristwood has a nice blog with maps from his runs at Oringen, Scottish 6 days, Czech and training in Kiev

http://grahamgristwood.blogspot.com

Emily and Chris have updated their blog

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 16 August 2007, 3:42 AM  
Paul's our own worldofo

Show Profile  Paul Posted: 16 August 2007, 3:57 AM  
at least thats better than being called a rambler, I think????

Just saving you guys valuable time, or is it taking the fun element of discovery away?

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 16 August 2007, 4:52 AM  
what should you be doing all day instead of what it appears you do do? though i guess i probably put equal the amount of hours per day that you do into orienteering research as i do into not orienteering research/strictly nothing to do with thinking

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 16 August 2007, 2:13 PM  
Clem
Might have a problem with skype
After The robbies the online green tick remains a cross Any ideas
It might have been a problem at your place, Not sure?

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 16 August 2007, 2:20 PM  
Clem
Working again think it was the weather Its bucketing down here and Im sure that was the problem.Northland beat Tasman.

Show Profile  John Marshall Posted: 16 August 2007, 2:41 PM  
Cyrillic names for Nic: your picks are all right. Here are ad hoc transliterations from somebody whose Cyrillic is rather rusty right now, which you might be able to match onto people you've heard of:

Day 1: Vyacheslav Mychidinov, Roman Dolgich/Dolhich, Yevgen Kandibei; Tatyana Riabkina.
Day 2: Pavel Ushkvarok, Roman Yefimov; Tatyana Riabkina.
Day 3: Maria Spasyuk.

I'm off to Kyiv the day after tomorrow, so my Cyrillic is about to get rather less rusty!

The Scottish 6 Days was super-great albeit rather rainy half the time. Ross Brighouse told me he didn't go to Scandinavia this year so wasn't feeling particularly sharp for the Scottish, and was a little off the pace. Ann Scott finished on the podium. And the rest of us had a great time mostly in the upper halves of the standings. And to Wellington folks: I had dinner and/or drinks with various friends of Don Locke's and of Sarah and William's, which was all very convivial.

Show Profile  The Clem Posted: 17 August 2007, 5:04 PM  
First Qual tommorrow. Things aren't quite as smooth or sorted as some previous WOC's so there's a bit of patience needed for everything. Even the most basic. I generally go away with a borrowing policy that I normally invoke to allow me to source 'stuff' for the team. This year even I'm at a loss to wade through official waffle and keep ahead of the game and circumvent the fully resourced teams given priority. But even they're standing around scratching themselves. Ahh well, at least the playing field is leveled to an extent. We'll update as we can.

Show Profile  Casser Posted: 18 August 2007, 12:00 AM  
start list for the sprint qual:
http://www.woc2007.org.ua/files/sprint-q-public.pdf (37kB)
Okay starttimes for all kiwis as far as I can see(just had a quick browse)!
Is the time difference 9 hours?
If so first start is at midnight....
A live button has appeared in the lower left corner of the WOC homepage, it might be working later on?
http://www.woc2007.org.ua/en/
with the direct link being
http://www.woc2007.org.ua/live/
Enjoy!

This message was edited by Casser on 18 August 2007, 8:01 AM

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 18 August 2007, 3:27 AM  
Standard time difference is 9 hours, so unless Ukraine has summer time, yes it all kicks off at midnight, and all the other races start at 6:30 pm. If Ukraine does have summer time then I get all confused but I think it makes everything an hour later here, not earlier. Whatever, apart from a late night tonight it all looks like prime time "viewing"! All the best Rob, Ross, Chris and Tan, and remember John, Em, Clem and Iryna to cheer extra loud on behalf of the rest of us (and enjoy the public races)

Sprint qual tonight/wee small hours tomorrow
Long qual Sun 19
Mid qual Mon 20
Mid final Wed 22
Long final Thur 22
Relay Sat 25
Sprint final Sun 26

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 18 August 2007, 9:41 AM  
Go go go, all the ebst Ross and Chris and Rob and Tania - we'll all be glued to our screens in eager anticipation; beers at hand

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 18 August 2007, 10:55 AM  
Just finished talking to Tania
6.30pm here 9.30am there

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz