maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

AR World Champs

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 31 May 2007, 4:01 PM  
this is quite exciting watching BV and salomon race to make the cut off

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 31 May 2007, 5:42 PM  
BV didn't make it, only 5 teams out of 48 have been fast enough to make the cut off, is this poor or good course planning....

Plus Orion have an 1 hour time penalty for taking a short cut (my understanding is that it is a mis-understanding after a check point was removed) and the team BUFF COOLMAX that is right behind them has a 12 min time credit, so they have an hour and 12 mins advantage over Orion

Show Profile  nick Posted: 1 June 2007, 4:37 AM  
re: course planning... i dunno eh... Nike seems to have handled it pretty sweet. Likewise Wilsa, Orion, Buff Coolmax. BV was struck with hypothermia, spent all night in one spot and *still* nearly made it... so the cut-off can't be that harsh. This is the World Champs after all, not an entry level 12hr race for pussies like me.

I kinda like the way they've worked the short courses/penalties to keep the field "roughly" together. Without it, there'd still be teams arriving to swim Loch Ness. I think some system of time credits/penalites is the best practical option for AR course planning.

Anyway, a bit worried to see Orion slipping behind Buff Coolmax... have Buff slept since they started this trek?

Show Profile  nick Posted: 1 June 2007, 9:17 AM  
Looks like Nike are about 5kms walk from the finish line.

Awesome.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 1 June 2007, 10:29 AM  
Nike just finshed?

Interesting to see if Orion can pull Buff back - doesn't look like they're in much of a hurry anymore

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 June 2007, 10:39 AM  
Bloody fantastic Chris! What else is there to conquer? (A PhD?)

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 1 June 2007, 10:54 AM  
nah he finished his phd now he said hes just gonna float around for next year and a bit

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz