maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

AR World Champs

Show Profile  nick Posted: 30 May 2007, 11:12 AM  
interesting race... top four teams are a significant distance ahead of the second bunch, and waaaaay ahead of the rest of the field.

wilsa leading nike by ~2kms. orion and BV are separated by the same distance, and are ~5km and a climb behind nike.

seemed as if orion and BV slept at the last transition, perhaps looking towards making a move on the paddle/portage stage? not sure whether wilsa and nike have slept also...

at the head of the rest of the field, merrell were looking good on the ahem, "nordic walking" stage, but seems as if they've slipped off their bearing and have been overtaken by a more accurate team (polish?)

its embarassing that i'm typing this stuff out when everyone is probably watching it anyway... but i'm hooked. sorry. but don't blame me when you made the decision to read this shit..

the google earth tracking app would be killer if they'd included the CP's. as it is, it only F'ing awesome.

leaderboard sux

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 30 May 2007, 11:18 AM  
By simply reading your very accurate updates Nick it saves me dedicating as much time as you to watching the race although I am keeping a very keen eye on it. Definitely some strategic plans taking affect with regards to sleeping. What is the deal with the 2 hour penalties - have they been served??

Show Profile  nick Posted: 30 May 2007, 11:20 AM  
yeah i think the top teams have served their penalties.

merrell has been given a time credit (about 1.5hrs?) for being stopped for ages by an angry farmer

Show Profile  Melissa Posted: 30 May 2007, 12:01 PM  
Just got back to London after 3 days following Orion around the course. Everyone still has a sense of humour, although Stu and Wayne looked a bit dodgy when they crawled out of Loch Ness.

Ellmo - all the 2hour penalties from the prologue were served on the first leg, for the top half of the field anyway.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 31 May 2007, 2:48 AM  
Should've had Jamie over there to keep us up to date with the news. Best thing so far is the reports from HQ.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 31 May 2007, 3:43 AM  
looks like BV have taken the hard decision to kip down for the night...puts them out of the running for the win

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 31 May 2007, 5:25 AM  
Anyone having trouble with the links from the Buff race reports page getting the actual reports? I can get them sometimes, other times nothing happens.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 31 May 2007, 9:02 AM  
Jamie, according to kiwicast ussher's got hypothermia and they stopped to try to warm him up. i guess he must still be below temperature cos they've been holed up in one spot all day. everyone else OK though. hope he warms through enough to complete.

he must be human after all...

Show Profile  nick Posted: 31 May 2007, 9:31 AM  
BV are moving!!!

Wahoooo!!!! 8th place, just behind Merrell.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 31 May 2007, 9:39 AM  
sorry jamie - of course you already knew!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 31 May 2007, 10:18 AM  
So Richard Usher is Human. Can we then conclude that Chris Forne is not.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 31 May 2007, 10:32 AM  
That would be a reaonable assumption I reckon...

I saw one report that said that Mike Tobin and Kloser were struggling pulling the kayaks through the bog...while Chris Forne powered along in front...

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 31 May 2007, 12:37 PM  
its just because when hes laughing time stands still

Show Profile  nick Posted: 31 May 2007, 2:19 PM  
cracks me up everytime you read a report he's smiling or laughing or seeming chirpy. maybe bloombergs right! maybe jamie was right when he explained the theory that chris just doesn't realise its supposed to hurt!

gotta hand it to tobin kloser and merrill - i wouldn't last four days non-stop trying to keep up with chris. i would be destroyed.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 31 May 2007, 3:00 PM  
I reckon I could do 2 days if my life depended on it...after that I'd gladly crumple up and die

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz