maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

TAMOC

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 18 April 2007, 11:32 PM  
The loop maps have been up on the website for a few days now. Check them out. it was awesome. Thanks Paul. No I didn't stop for a piss. I think Tane might have in the last loop though.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 April 2007, 5:42 AM  
Jeff, if I add yours will I be selected for something, or will I have to fudge the results slightly to obtain that sort of power?

It was an enjoyable excercise pulling the loop results apart as the splits don't show info, but it takes some time. Take note: if you get caught by you wife/husband (whatever your sexual preference) spending even more time on unproductive orienteering stuff while your lawn is starting to resemble dark green on an O map - look out!

In fact, wouldn't it be great if we got some analysis of every event, submitted to Mapsport by the setter/controller.

There are all sorts of things we could do with events/results to make them interesting ... a link to video clips of runners like Jeff G storming through the forest would be cool, or Neil wasting time scratching his balls etc.
Graphing the results of things like the Super Series would be interesting too, based on time behind the winner, showing each individuals' progress.

That Route Gadget site is awesome. Check out the Devon League 6 at Great Plantation - Click on the brown course, highlight some runners, click 'show names'and 'animation' and away you go. For more fun increase the speed to your desired amusement.

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 April 2007, 5:48 AM  
How long does it take to piss?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 19 April 2007, 6:39 AM  
You should check out my "Geek Sheet (r)"

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 19 April 2007, 6:42 AM  
http://www.cmorienteering.com/gadget/cgi-bin/reitti.pl

The NZ Sprint is up there, i'll try add the long and middle at some stage.

If anyone has an event they want to upload, the required files are:

1. gif or jpg, 150-200 dpi exported from ocad

2. course data
ocad 9: export courses as xml
ocad 8:
• Step 1: Courses > all controls > preview
• Step 2: File -> Export -> dxf (while still in preview of all controls)
• Step 3: File -> export courses -> courses -> courses.txt
• Now you should have two files: "courses.txt" and "anyname.dxf"

3. split times exported from sportident as a csv

4. a jpeg master map showing all controls

email them to martinpeat at gmail.com

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 19 April 2007, 7:54 AM  
Hey Paul, my lawns are getting quite long too. I think for any video clip of me to look like a storming run through the forest it would require serious intervention by Weta Studios.
Mark Lawson reckons he took a dump at the WOA Champs last year and only lost 30 seconds.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 19 April 2007, 8:07 AM  
Awesome Martin, what do you need to put route choice on? I reckon route choice analysis is the best part of this program

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 April 2007, 8:30 AM  
You just set that up yourself martin?

Good shit

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 April 2007, 8:39 AM  
Wow, 30 sec for Marks dump is a hard job to beat. It proves that experience can provail over youth at orienteering!
If Tane took more than 12 seconds for a slash on the final loop as Neil says, then Tane may have had bragging rights dispite having a wet patch.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 19 April 2007, 8:47 AM  
I reckon its worth taking a dump compared to running around really 'shitty' because you have a massive turtle head buldging out. I did an Auckland OY once where I tried holding it in, I must have lost minutes from the discomfort, till finally I let it go. What a relief. Saved so much time from then on.

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 19 April 2007, 8:56 AM  
Charming!

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 April 2007, 9:11 AM  
So that was Lawson was it!?! Took me fing ages to get my shoes clean

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 April 2007, 9:28 AM  
Jesus, Mary and Joseph, you crack me up Simon!

Show Profile  Paul I Posted: 19 April 2007, 9:36 AM  
Jeff, do we have the same delemma in regard to the lawns...I have not once seen lawn mowing mentioned in any running or orienteering training guides. If my day requires me to go for a long slow, or interval, or hill run, I need every bit of energy I can muster just to get out the door. If a day is a rest day well that's self explanitory. I can see no room for lawn mowing, what can I do?

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 19 April 2007, 9:55 AM  
Paul, you could always get a sheep. Marquita's parents have one that's house trained!

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz