maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

club relays

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 November 2006, 1:41 AM  
How many clubs are there actually with less than 30 members, who have another club in their region with 30 members? Sure there might be one or two. Hows about making it more like 50 members or something like 20 people at the event?

Show Profile  James Posted: 7 November 2006, 9:14 AM  
sorry i didnt read the rules.....i didnt realise that the womens elite could now run leg 3! however, i still dont see one club being an out right favourite? yes, tania is kick ass, but there are a few other female elites that can and have beaten tania before, or alternativley be within close proximity. But it is a team relay so it depends on the others in the team...............
Actually this new format is likely to favour a club with an elite male, elite female, and a confident M16........
so providing the leg2 runners times are close......it may well be influenced by leg1 (well at least may play a major role).
Quite exciting i think (well at least for the clubs with elite men and women. Perhaps this may make clubs value their elites more and make sure they dont switch to other clubs??)

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 November 2006, 9:39 AM  

This message was edited by Simon Addison on 7 November 2006, 5:39 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 7 November 2006, 12:38 PM  
What club actually are you James? A member that joins two clubs must really value his club!!!

Club - Elite relationships are two way things mate, they don't flow in your direction all the time.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 7 November 2006, 12:47 PM  
Simon should grow bigger balls and leave his original posts they are much funnier.

Show Profile  James Posted: 7 November 2006, 10:14 PM  
Yeah simon i wish you would leave your original posts up, i would have loved to have seen it!

Yes i am a member of two clubs, Counties and Wellington.
I maintain my affiliation with wellington in order to run for 'Herd Homes Central Magic' in the superseries. I also choose to be affiliated with Counties so that i can count for local comps....eg/ akld relays, OY's etc................not to mention that Counties really value their clubs members, they are a wicked bunch of people that dont waste time on stupid politics and there are many juniors that i enjoy coaching to help them achieve their goals. (plus we have the coolest O-tops in nz!)

Show Profile  James Posted: 7 November 2006, 10:15 PM  
oh and Simon thanks for pointing out that a relationship involves two sides. Without you i'd be lost.............

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 8 November 2006, 2:43 AM  
i am saying that the rule change favours counties. james or brent leg 1, nicola or greta or trish or wayne leg 2, andrew or jourdan or tania leg 3. pick a combination from that and you have a prety damn good team. wheras it sorta screws egmont over a bit, they dont have the luxury of a top elite woman, but have two elite men.
I guess it is only relays, and the change has already been made. i will take martins advice and putmy efforts into the course length change thing.

Show Profile  James Posted: 8 November 2006, 3:49 AM  
Yes counties are have a strong line up............but what about
Hawkes Bay: Ross, Scott, Amber
Auckland: Rob J, Toby, Rebecca
Hutt Valley: Andrew, Kate, Bill
North West: Mark, Marquita, Tom
Red Kiwis: Bryn, Kyle, Claire or Piret
Papo: Jamie or Aaron, (an M16? W40? (jean)sorry couldnt think of a 2nd leg?), Penny or lara or sara, ACW!

I reckon these relays are gonna be great now that the elite women can realistically play a part!
It's relay's anything can happen!!

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 November 2006, 9:18 AM  
Tania was going to be eligible to run Leg 3 in the very near future whether the rules changed or not...

Show Profile  robbie Posted: 8 November 2006, 2:36 PM  
I am happy to answer any questions related to the rule changes.
Aprox 30 member in a club.This was proposed as a problem for small clubs to enter teams. In the past they have run un official.There are only four/five clubs involved. The new rules would make it even harder for them.How the Barrs for example can run officailly for the first time.There were a lot of unofficial teams last year.It is still at the discretion of the organising club.
Counties have always been a strong club and are usually in the top five. The rule change wont alter that nor was it designed to make advantage for any club. The change was made to stop discrimination against women in our sport.I read with delight Thomas having an attempt to pick a counties winning team where he includes four women. In the past he would have picked three men James is correct several teams from different regions could win 2007 nationals. And Martin is correct If I wanted Counties to win the relay I wouldnt have made a rule change because Tania in2007 would be on leg three with the rest of the elite women on leg one against the elite men.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 8 November 2006, 3:03 PM  
Dear Robbie,

Why is it still Orange standard when all grades involved in the Long relay are now red level?

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 10 November 2006, 3:02 AM  
Hey James, why weren't Carsten or I included in your possible
PAPO team candidates admittedly we're not quite onto leg 2 yet. But only a couple of years before Carsten will be our top team last leg though. He's run a few top 10 tiomila last legs so should be able to give most a run for their money...

We'll keep training Kaia up for that middle leg spot. Last night at training she took a map out of the car, pointed at it and said run there (actually lober dar because most stuff about running is spoken in Danish) and then took off up a hill in Victoria Park. Luckily Carsten can still keep up with her so caught her just before she was out of sight of the car park.

Actually we've got quite a few second leg candidates who are now around 12 and less years of age (compared to Kaia's 2 years) so by the time C is on the last leg PAPO should be the first club that the rest of you get scared of!

Show Profile  addison Posted: 10 November 2006, 3:19 AM  
Im not scared of any south islanders, not even Jamie or Forne.

Show Profile  Dave Posted: 10 November 2006, 3:44 AM  
Greg,

They're still orange so people like me who struggle with orienteering can do ok. Come on there are still plenty of races at nationals for people who can navigate so you can leave this one in for the navigationally challenged.

This message was edited by Dave on 10 November 2006, 11:48 AM

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz