maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Queenstown

Show Profile  sofieherremans Posted: 17 October 2006, 3:39 AM  
Hi all!
We are going to do the Milford Track just before Christmas and are spending a few days in Queenstown beforehand.
We are figuring out our plans right now as we still need to book flights etc...

We were wondering if we need to hire a car or is it possible to do some activities just by public transport and the tourist companies? Are there any places quite close to Queenstown that are really worth a visit so we'd need to hire a car for that?

Also, I was thinking of flying to Christchurch and then taking the bus to Queenstown, just to enjoy the scenery and see a bit more of NZ.

Any suggestions welcome! Thanx.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 17 October 2006, 4:18 AM  
All of the big attractions like the shotover jet, bungy jumping etc, have buses/transport to and from Queenstown.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 12 November 2006, 3:16 PM  
Sofie,
If you and Marlon want to spend a few days in an awesome beautiful mountain valley that's not full of other european tourists and is just off the route between Mt Cook and Queenstown (which are awesome and beautiful, but ARE full of other tourists) drop me a line at nic_gorman at yahoo dot com dot au (note to all the computer geeks out there, does that hide the fact that thats an e-address from the spammers' automatic scanners, or does it just make me look like a computer geek trying to be clever?)

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz