maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Training Camp in January in Australia

Show Profile  Beverley H Posted: 5 September 2006, 1:08 AM  
Any young orienteers running at top level are invited to register their interest in this training camp with me. Details are January 3rd to 14th starting with an event in NSW and followed with a camp at ACT. We need adults to go along an drive, too. Ohone me on (04)479-8200 or e-mail me back. Beverley Holder

Show Profile  davemeyer Posted: 25 September 2006, 7:27 AM  
I saw on the NZ website that the trip to oz will be about $3000. Is each junior gonna have ther own chauffeur, stay in 5 star hotels and be flown first class? You could spend two weeks in Europe for 3000. A good way to discourage juniors from coming. I think you should revise your figures!

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 25 September 2006, 8:38 AM  
Yeah I saw that figure too! Reckon would only be $2000 max.
Ive done 3 weeks trips in Aussie for less than $2000 all up.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 25 September 2006, 9:34 AM  
That figure was a (gross) over-estimate put together by Beverley based on the cost of the schools trip & the price in the JWOC Bulletin for accomodation & food for the 5days extrapolated over the whole 12 days.

We're now camping and cooking for ourselves, O-ringen style. Juniors who have already put their names down know this, and know it will be much cheaper.

Any others who are interested should be contacting myself or Beverley (pre-tour manager) ASAP. I have a break down of the costs to expect.

This message was edited by Martin on 25 September 2006, 5:38 PM

Show Profile  davemeyer Posted: 31 October 2006, 10:08 AM  
More info on the Aussie Granite Tour (training camp) is on http://www.nswstingers.com/5days

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 31 October 2006, 11:59 AM  
Dear David,

I'm very excited.

Thank you.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz