maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Orienteering videos

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 August 2006, 12:22 PM  
Interesting... I'm not sure what if anything we were told about the finish of the relay - punching or crossing a line - what line? In a mass or chasing-start race its the order of finishing that is important (R24.6) suggesting that timing is regarded as secondary:-))

Those people older than 10 might be able to remember when we didn't have electronic means to determine first past the post - we used to have ... people.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 13 August 2006, 12:33 PM  
So you are saying there was no finish line. If this is true isn't that a bit of a flaw for a national relay??

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 13 August 2006, 1:44 PM  
Is it a bit of a flaw for our national relay or is our national relay a bit of a flaw?

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 13 August 2006, 2:04 PM  
I guess this is why you sat it out Greg?? Hard to argue it isn't exciting with close finishes like that.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 13 August 2006, 2:58 PM  
1 close finish doesn't make it good every year Ellmo.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 13 August 2006, 3:02 PM  
Fair points, fair points. I just wanna see the video! Can you upload it Greg?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 13 August 2006, 4:48 PM  
I'm not saying there was no finish line, I'm saying I'm not sure WHAT we were told about the finish. It was many moons ago.

I hope you can get those camp videos onto CD Rob. They'll be too long for the web tho I suspect. Certainly for dialup. They should end up with the Coaching Director, I thought that's where they were and have made some unsuccessful attempts to borrow them for club use.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 14 August 2006, 1:27 AM  
It will probably not get uploaded, its really shakey and hence blurry, and at the moment its about 250MB, to shrink it small enough to upload its really crap and you cant see anything. I had a DVD with a few clips on that was given to TV3, Clem is there any way I can get this back?

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 14 August 2006, 1:44 AM  
I reckon the Educational Orienteering video should really be put on. It is truely legendary. Anyone know the best way for me to get my hands on a copy?

Show Profile  AndrewT Posted: 21 August 2006, 3:54 AM  
This thread needs more S.Collins, P.Wood and M.Tuck Vids

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 12 February 2007, 11:48 AM  
Any progress on getting "The Educational Orienteering Video", "A Day in the Life..." and "Return of the Jed-O" available - whether on CD or YouTube? (A lot of the other stuff from D Squad camps was only of coaching interest at the time and doesn't have the same value.) Also valuable was the video we made professionally at the World Cup.

We've got very little about what orienteering is on the NZOF website, not even still graphics let alone movies. I'm not suggesting the above are the best answer to "what is orienteering", but they show we have the skills to do it - and have had them for years. At the very least we could link to selected stuff other places have put up.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 12 February 2007, 11:52 AM  
Andrew Johnstone has a copy of return of the jed-o, and Shaun Collins used to have some?

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 13 February 2007, 1:24 AM  
This Orienteering for beginners video is well done: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OZOI9kKuA4I

A bit Brtitish though would be great to have some more kiwi style videos.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 14 February 2007, 4:12 AM  
Love the "heroic John Williams soundtrack" (TM) music as Edward runs off into the forest, and good to see the Brits are still making their controls in as impractical all-tied-together-with-string fashion as possible!

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz