maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

A True Winter Classic

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 20 July 2006, 1:40 PM  
WaiOC's Winter Classic remembers club stalwart Wayne Cretney whose events usually included plenty of climbing and green.

Planner Jim Barr has just advised: "The stream is uncrossable - yet again. The forecast for tomorrow is snow down to 300 metres - that includes most of the event area. I am writing this in the hopeful, but not optimistic expectation that the rain will stop and the snow will not materialise, thus enabling me to get across the stream and put the controls out."

Wayne, I can hear you chuckling...

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 24 July 2006, 4:04 AM  
Jim got just 8 controls out on Friday in bitterly cold weather. But on Saturday things improved and Sunday was fine and sunny. It was so warm Wayne would have taken off his bush singlet.

Hamish Goodwin won the Cretney trophy for M40. Bryn Davies won open men, Piret Klade open women.

Show Profile  AlanHorn Posted: 24 July 2006, 5:01 AM  
I wont be putting the splits on winsplits because theyre all out of order due to different loops run by people in different order.

Jim is sussing out times for each loop and will post to the WaiOC site soon.

Both Jim and I thought using SportIdent for the Winter Classic worked very well. Even the extra e-chip for course 1 runners with >30 controls worked okay (though one person started using it one loop late).

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 24 July 2006, 8:55 AM  
If you do it like a relay you should be able to put the splits from common control to common control

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz