maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

Possible SI Problem??

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 11:57 AM  
Is it just me or should Simon B (aka Simon the loser) get some sort of medal for running 180m in 10 seconds at Waioneke?? But in all seriousness, the main concern I have is how he can put 2 seconds on the fastest of the rest of us in the shoot. Some of us have a theory but does anyone else have any suggestions before we present our idea??

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:31 PM  
i too have a theory, but go on, hit us with your idea first.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:34 PM  
my guess would be that the boxes weren't re-synchronised, because it was the new red boxes being used and they dont have to be preprogrammed to turn on.

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:34 PM  
Simons obviously a cheat.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:40 PM  
I still think he is the man - I struggle to go sub 10 seconds for 100m although I have a few times, but he did 180m in 10 flat. Thats impressive.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:44 PM  
After witnessing Simon's and many others finish on monday, I totally believe Simon's split was 2 seconds faster than everyone else. He was flying. It was not 180 metres though.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 12:52 PM  
Okay but how about Neil making the rest of us look slow on Saturday morning in the shoot?? You are fast Neil but not that fast. I'm willing to drive back to Waioneke with some fast ppl and rerun the shoot if anyone wants to organise it.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:11 PM  
I believe Simon was running in Karls orienteering shoes. That explains a hell of a lot.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:22 PM  
So where was the super fast time of 9 seconds from whoever ran in yours??

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:22 PM  
Elmo, I think you'll find I am a fast down hiller. That is why I made you look slow. Brent and Fraser can run as fast as me down hill, but they weren't there so it is not illogical that I would win it by so much.

And Simon A, Why would anyone wear someone elses shoes? That would be stupid.

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:31 PM  
First of all Neil, it is Ellmo not Elmo. And secondly I didn't need you to make me look slow - Tania did that, although in my defence I bailed in the bog.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:34 PM  
nah ellmo the shoes only work one way, simon was the faster one

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:37 PM  
So is that you admitting you sabotaged Simon A's race??

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 8 June 2006, 1:48 PM  
It's a shute, not a shoot

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 June 2006, 2:02 PM  
Good point - duely noted.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 8 June 2006, 2:17 PM  
if you look at your map, you'll find the finish circle is on the wrong feature to where they put it on monday... probably because if they made it any longer, the margin between my finish split and the rest of you mere joggers would be too huge.

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz