maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Rogaine world Champs - Keen?

Show Profile  jagoosh Posted: 25 May 2006, 1:31 PM  
Seeing as there are few entrys left I am hoping to get a competitive team together to enter the Rogaine in October.
The idea is to get as close to winning as possible - never know what might happen with some training - and to have a blast over there -Auz- at the same time.

Joe - From the South

Show Profile  Greig Posted: 29 May 2006, 3:52 PM  
So you think Chris will be faster and more cunning than you? You need to start backing yourself more. Maybe you and Jamie should team up and win.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 29 May 2006, 10:47 PM  
Yes Jamie will win. I will see to the cunning side of that.

Show Profile  darren Posted: 30 May 2006, 12:28 AM  
Entries have now closed, the 500 limit has been reached, but there is a wait list and I think they are trying to get permission from landowners to increase numbers.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 30 May 2006, 8:23 PM  
Tell me you entered us Neil

Show Profile  jagoosh Posted: 12 June 2006, 3:46 AM  
i have teamed up with a true hard man. We got an entry approved after the quota was filled so you will get in with luck. Just send in an e-mail to the event organisers saying you want to be on the list. I'd love to give you a good beating Jamie so I hope Neil has entered you!

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 12 June 2006, 11:58 AM  
Dear Gajoosh,

There are only two true hard men. Please don't enter Jamie or me twice.

Good luck.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 14 June 2006, 5:07 AM  
Yeah I hope you´re training tonight joe,

I´m about to walk up a 4000m volcano in the dark and rainy Guatemala.

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 14 June 2006, 5:15 AM  
take lots of pictures for me

Show Profile  :D Posted: 18 June 2006, 11:56 AM  
They got permission to increase the number of entries. And Eric is looking for a partner...

Show Profile  jagoosh Posted: 18 June 2006, 12:39 PM  
Jamie Mate.

You know me. I've been doing heaps of "Training". This building work is helping me toughen up. I have my tactics for preparation and they are kept under a tight lid! Simple but effective. Minimal strenuous activity required. But I'm sure you'll have a solid strategy set out!?

The Heights of winter reminded me the foot speed I'll want to navigate at and how to relate map to ground at a healthy pace! Not an untidy performance all in all.
Keep walking up those high mts mate cause you know it ain't gunna make you any faster(Golite members in the USA train at altutude and consequently lack the legspeed that Aaron and Chris possess). We only compete at an ordinary altitude for 24hrs.

Have fun leading those tourists around you know Neil is looking forward to being a tourist lead by you in NSW! No pressure.
Oh yeah Neil, the name is Jagoosh! cheeky bugger. Well you may be a hard man but I guess time will tell how hard.

Joe.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz