maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Pre-race visualization

Show Profile  Eponine_ Posted: 26 April 2006, 11:58 AM  
I have a pre-race ritual that I'd like to share. I call it the 'terminator'. First I crouch down, in the start box, in the classic 'terminator traveling through time' pose. With my eyes closed I remain crouched for a minute visualizing Arnold, and I start to hum the terminator theme. I then rise slowly to a standing position and open my eyes. This helps me complete the course as an emotionless cyborg bad-ass. The only problem is if the start tape gets wrapped around my terminator leg. This ruins the fantasy.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 26 April 2006, 12:07 PM  
And which results are when you've used this technique and which are without Eponine?

Show Profile  Eponine_ Posted: 26 April 2006, 12:15 PM  
I make blatent assertions and leave the burden of proof on skeptics, often ignoring any contrary research they provide, inevitably reducing their efforts to a futile search for self-understanding.

Show Profile  YeahYeahNah Posted: 27 April 2006, 2:39 AM  
Heres one I've been saving for a special occasion:

"The Ultimate Warrior" - I sprint into the starting box with an exaggerated high step and slapping out muscley high fives to all my screaming fans. I stomp around the box flexing my muscles and roaring back at the screaming fans, whipping myself into a manic frenzy. I grab the tape with two hands and shake the bejesus out of it, and then lift the starter over my head in the gorilla press, slam him or her into the dirt, pull my compass and e-card out of my undies and i'm off, totally psyched up for a storming run.

This will only work so long as NZOF isn't drug testing...

Actually I think Simon Addison would do this better than me...

Show Profile  YeahYeahNah Posted: 30 April 2006, 2:42 PM  
Oh yeah, and I'm working on a haka. Its gonna be awesome.

Show Profile  Eponine_ Posted: 30 April 2006, 3:00 PM  
<3

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz