maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

JWOC fundraising

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 20 June 2006, 4:27 AM  
the process is underway after the final orders and they will hopefully be ready on Friday. ta

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 3 July 2006, 5:03 AM  
sorry for the delay-
my usual printers fell through due to some crazy circumstances.
i have now sourced another printer and all go again. luckily only time and no money was lost!
are any of the world champs team still in NZ next week? there will be a couple of hoodies to be taken Al Landels if possible.....

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 8 August 2006, 10:40 AM  
this is an announcement that the JWOC jerseys will not be printed. the low numbers of orders made it unfeasible to get them printed and posted so i have decided to refund the monies to the people who placed orders.
you will be contacted in the next few days for me to get refund account details. alternatively if you have read this please email your details to me.

i am sorry it didn’t work out. any feedback as to why people weren’t interested would be appreciated.

perhaps next year it would be better spending that time on a pub-charity application?

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 August 2006, 10:54 AM  
Got an email address??

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 8 August 2006, 11:36 AM  
Hoodies, old people dont like hoodies

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 8 August 2006, 11:49 AM  
Speak for yourself some of us arent old therefore we sent the money even if we are poor.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 9 August 2006, 1:33 AM  
stuartbarr @ woosh . co . nz

Show Profile  mark Posted: 9 August 2006, 3:08 AM  
I thought the birds were a bit gay.
Maybe they are ok for people who live in Ponsonby.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 9 August 2006, 3:20 AM  
But there was a non-hoodie option for us old people. I wonder if the design, beautiful as it was, needed to be a bit more orienteeringish. Most members of the public don't know what JWOC stands for, and a primary reason for wearing such gear is to advertise the good word. The red T shirt for JWOC supporters that came out a year or two ago was really good for oldies as it had "New Zealand Orienteering Junior Squad" on the front and "Supporter" on the back. Quite a few people who read the front asked how I could possibly get into a junior O squad, and I'd have to turn round to let them read the back. How many times do you jokers get asked to do a twirl to show off your clothes?

Don't answer that last question.

Also, maybe the ad could have been posted on more individual club web pages. Not everyone reads Maptalk.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 9 August 2006, 4:54 AM  
...although in this country you want to be careful where you wear a bright red t-shirt with the word "supporter" on the back. When I was living in the bay I was very careful to not wear mine in Whakatane (Black Power territory), but it went down very well in Opotiki and up the Waimana (Mob country).

Getting back to the original thread, I might kind of nearly almost but not quite agree with Mark (help!), in as much as when I saw the design, colour scheme, etc I thought, well that would look great on a chick, so not being one I didn't rush off an order. Very nice design mind you, just not me!

Show Profile  nick Posted: 10 August 2006, 1:11 AM  
where are the blatant orienteering references slapping you in the face? where are the compasses, the contour lines, the running stick figures holding a map? gay birds sitting on branch just don't scream "orienteering!!!!!!". i think maybe mark, oneman and all the otha haterz might feel more comfortable if the birds were more obviously O hard, like wearing a saturated silva sweatband and aggresively punching a white and orange control flag.

nice one stu for attempting something out of the ordinary for orienteering. its a shame it didn't fly. i thought the price was bloody reasonable, the hoodie a good idea, and the design was choice - subtle, stylish, understated; a nice change from looking at O suits anyway. unfortunately i think the others have a point - overall, your market wasn't ready for the birds.

and, thanks for your efforts, stu.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 10 August 2006, 1:27 AM  
fuck off fag.

I am not a hater.
I think the design is cool and I thought that the hoodies would sell ok. Just not for me.
It's like Stu's shop, lots of cool stuff, but probably nothing that I would buy.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 August 2006, 4:56 AM  
By the way Greg thanks for making me feel young again. ("old people dont like hoodies")

Save the hoodie!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 11 August 2006, 5:57 AM  
I'm still going to blame the hoodie, at $70 its a bit or money, most people wouldn't wear a hoodie very often (as by choice and dictated by weather), yet if it was a t-shirt and only costing $20-$30, I think a lot more people would be happy to depart with this money for an item they could/would wear more often.

Plus the birds are gay

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 11 August 2006, 6:19 AM  
thanks for your help Greg- invaluable.

how do you know those birds are gay? i personally can't imagine there is a particularly large population of homosexual tui in new zealand. i believe most of them were wiped out by the missionaries. there are rumours that the tui’s close relative the Huia was in fact predominantly homosexual. leading to it’s eventual extinction; the last reliable sighting of this “fabulous” bird was in 1907. however, there have been stories of people sighting the Huia in San Francisco right up until the 1920’s.

1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz