maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

The Dragons Den

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 April 2006, 2:37 PM  
Well you have all probably seen this program on TV1 on Thursday nights.

I would like to announce the Maptalk Dragons Den..

Introducing your dragons:
Barbour
Crawford
Garden
Gelderman
Nuthall

Please post details of your great idea, and any other supporting information that may assist in the decision of the dragons.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 17 April 2006, 2:40 PM  
I am seeking around $20,000,000 to buy the forestry block of Mamaku and to replant it in Douglas Fur. I then would like to pay the number 1 estate manager in the land (Dr. Neil Kerrison) to then walk around with a weed whacker and whack the hell out of the weeds and to mow under the forest to keep it beautiful. For this payment I am willing to offer 3.28% of my company, but this may be negotiated to 3.32% for an additional $2.50 so that I can buy myself a pie.

Show Profile  Gelderman Posted: 18 April 2006, 7:07 AM  
I'm afraid your figures don't add up. Based on your offer of 0.04% of your company for $2.50, you value your company at $62.50. $20,000,00.00 seems a lot to pay for a company worth $62.50 so I'm afraid I'm out.

Show Profile  superOman Posted: 18 April 2006, 10:48 AM  
It should be $6250 not 62.50

Show Profile  Gelderman Posted: 18 April 2006, 11:34 AM  
Well done SuperOman! You have made it past the first round to select another Dragon when Crawford (who after all, doesn't actually invest his money, he just generously gives it away) opts out. Although I am a little disappointed that it took 3hrs 41mins for someone to pick up on this deliberate typo.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 18 April 2006, 12:11 PM  
Shotdown by the female Dragon, ouch.

This message was edited by Simon Addison on 18 April 2006, 9:35 PM

Show Profile  Gelderman Posted: 18 April 2006, 2:23 PM  
Dragoness.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 April 2006, 5:25 AM  
Sorry to be a pedantic biologist type, but perhaps your bid may have been more successful Simon, had you aimed to replant the block in Douglas FIR trees. I don't know this Douglas dude but no matter how hairy he is I doubt that his Douglas FUR would be sufficiently lush enough to enable quality orienteering.

Show Profile  SJ Posted: 19 April 2006, 11:48 AM  
He'd have to be almost as hairy as Jamie!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 19 April 2006, 12:23 PM  
And you've only seen my back

Show Profile  SimonB Posted: 19 April 2006, 5:10 PM  
hairy or fat?

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 20 April 2006, 1:21 AM  
Well he obviously wasn't talking about your head Jamie.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 30 April 2006, 2:51 AM  
I want $100m for a half share in a sure-2-succeed project. Gonna fill plastic pump bottles with air from outside my back door. With a bit of marketing of the health benefits of aeration we'll get people to buy them, they'll carry them around and squirt the air up their nostrils from time to time.

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 14 May 2006, 3:53 AM  
The real New Zealand Dragon's Den, https://app.touchdowntv.com/casting/?formid=5

Application's are now open.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz