maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Great Lake Relay

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 21 February 2006, 4:49 AM  
1 9:27:18 Herd Homes, Central Magic Glendowie 464
2 10:07:10 Social Climbers Forrest Hill 576
3 10:11:28 Ho Chi Minh Harriers Green Bay 539

Check out the winning margin! That's <36 min/10k speed.
Details please? Names?
Great to see orienteers doing well on the road!

Show Profile  darren Posted: 21 February 2006, 9:35 AM  
James B, Bryn D, Ross M, Andrew M, Todd O, Karl D, Scott (junior HB), Dave S & Me (ring-ins from the Macnut Northeners) and Ben (a ring-in runner from Auckland)

186 teams in the runners category - 6000 competitors in total.

Great Fun!!!

We should make it part of the super series next year! We could carry a road map to make it feel like orienteering.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 21 February 2006, 9:59 AM  
Killer team. Well done lads.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 21 February 2006, 10:13 AM  
Well doe guys.

How can the central team be from Glendowie in Auckland?

You want to do road running Darren go ahead, I'm in an orienteering club to go orienteering, not road running, not adventure racing just orienteering. I wish people would stop thinkning orienteering should become other things, there are other clubs for that.

Show Profile  Bryn Posted: 21 February 2006, 10:54 AM  
Should have been at the after party, Dave got told by the local bouncer " if u Pole dance once more ur out!!!!" Then once we got home in the early hours Dave decided to go for a nice 3hr run.

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 22 February 2006, 4:47 AM  
good work on both counts!

Show Profile  James Posted: 22 February 2006, 5:14 AM  
The organisers took the place name 'Glendowie' because thats my mailing address, they didnt actually ask where the team was from!
But is was a wicked weekend and a nice team event to get everyone together in a slightly different scene,plus another event to train for, and awesome for team spirit and having a go against the road runners (after all, how many runs do you do on the road each week? probably more than you do in the forest)

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz