maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Whats happened to the funny bastards of the next generation?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 26 January 2006, 9:21 AM  
I think my generation is running out of maptalk steam, we have spent half our lives on this forum. I am sure that most of us including the charming neil, the sexy brent, the hip Stu Barr, the master Fraser and the sporadic genius Dave Barr (and maybe even the old pain in the arse Rob C) want to pass over the gift of maptalk domination to the younger generation.

We want to retire gracefully and become passive watchers giggling at your humourous postings.

The problem is there are no funny young orienteers out there...they are either too thick and angry, or like Martin post like they have a carrot up their arse.

What can we do to solve this rectifiable problem? and don't say be nicer...maptalk is not about being nice.

Show Profile  addison Posted: 26 January 2006, 12:02 PM  
Clone me?

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 26 January 2006, 6:52 PM  
Sounds like you need some hair-restorer Jamie - starting to feel your age? Going to shoot me down again for scaring children again? If you "children" had spent half the time you have spent writing poetry etc. doing training instead, maybe you wouldn't be so "scared"!

Now, that wasn't nice was it :-D

Show Profile  nick Posted: 27 January 2006, 4:36 AM  
Perhaps it was your withering intellects which scared them off? Or your knack for a scathing critique?

Or, perhaps, while you were busy indulging yourselves by composing savagely comedic posts and searing rebuttals, they were busy were forming catz krew:

http://catzok.6.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?t=63

You may find it tempting to criticise (and this is maptalk after all), but really, can you fault their enthusiasm? Their initiative? They're harnessing their own energy... I think its kinda impressive really. And an interesting dynamic.

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 27 January 2006, 5:46 AM  
wicked the orienteering secret society.

had a quick sift through the site - seems like a bit of a "whose cool" vanity exercise for some our talented young juniors, they even have whose cool and whose not polls - do they vote for themselves? Has Simon voted for himself 4 times?

what the f**k is this world coming to. as I reach my elite maturity are these the clowns I am going to have to be amused by?

it would seem so.

Jamie

p.s Alister, whatever mate, looking forward to next time we race.

Show Profile  nick Posted: 27 January 2006, 8:54 AM  
Haha, like i said... interesting dynamic! Kids these days [roll of the eyes]...

Congratulations mate. An important milestone in growing old is attaining The Firm Belief That These Young Clowns Aren't Half As Hard/Intelligent/Funny/Etc As I Used To Be. I'd say you've made it into the cantankerous old bastards, err... krew.

Anyway, it looks to me as if you've got bigger things to worry about, Jamie. Like not hanging your dirty laundry out for all to see; your rampant maptalk addiction is as plain as day. Maptalk posters not doing it for you anymore? Need someting harder? I see a slippery slope... soon you'll be cruising fetish chatrooms for anyone who'll swallow the old route choice innuendo. Get a grip dude.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 27 January 2006, 1:04 PM  
Jamie could always start a blog.....

This message was edited by Greg on 27 January 2006, 9:33 PM

Show Profile  addison Posted: 27 January 2006, 1:30 PM  
Jamie. To be blatantly honest, what happend to the next generation of funny bastards... i scared the fuckers away.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 28 January 2006, 5:51 AM  
Anyone else thinks Jamie is suffering from blue balls ... ?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 29 January 2006, 10:12 AM  
Nah...

I just want to be amused.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 30 January 2006, 10:38 AM  
just you wait.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 30 January 2006, 10:39 AM  
why waste time wit pointless chatter if you can strait to the top and get a strait up response

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 30 January 2006, 11:09 AM  
You get 100% in a Cambridge English exam Thomas and you can't use the word strait in the correct context.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz