maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3  

New Competition: The Neil Shield and Rayney Trophy

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 1 November 2005, 4:59 AM  
Missing an A grade event is worth "half a loss". So Simon would have to lose sunday and not turn up to two A grade events (I'm informed but can't find the website that South Island champs is only one A grade day). Also if Simon only losses to one person on Sunday and that person doesn't go to the next two events either...then he hasn't lost to them, so he doesn't lose the shield. He does lose to everyone when he doesn't turn up to 4 in a row. But anything less depends on his competition.

I'll explain it better when I get some time, but basically if you turn up and race your better off.

This message was edited by Neil K on 1 November 2005, 12:59 PM

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 1 November 2005, 6:52 AM  
My money's on Simon to retain the boys, and Kate to snap up the girls.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 1 November 2005, 7:55 AM  
due to certain people from auckland not attending i would place my money on simon, although the pressure of holding such a title may case him to falter. Watch ciaran as a dark horse (neil note the spelling of ciaran).

girls will be close, too close to call

i hope that everybody is going to do the mountain bike rogaine

Show Profile  Tane Cambridge Posted: 1 November 2005, 8:15 AM  
Damn Aucklanders! ever so cocky, but I guess half (note the half!!!) the time they deserve to be.

My money's on Kate and Simon

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 1 November 2005, 10:20 AM  
Ciaran

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 1 November 2005, 1:01 PM  
Go Simon but really Tom you should have come with us.

Show Profile  thomasr Posted: 2 November 2005, 12:11 AM  
i wasnt just talkin bout me! andrew isnt going either. yea i would have come, but exams ay

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 November 2005, 1:19 AM  
Do you have exams on the weekend Thomas, school = no, then you could have gone.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 2 November 2005, 1:33 AM  
damn exams on saturday!

Show Profile  Kate Posted: 2 November 2005, 11:08 AM  
if i was a betting type person, i wouldnt put money on me for the trophy this weekend, as i am only competing on saturday.school committments on sunday. so id back tessa to win, closely contested by kirsty in w18, as amber is racing w18a on sat and w21e on sunday.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 2 November 2005, 11:26 PM  
there are no betting type persons involved in orienteering. It is a clean, wholesome sport full of fine upstanding characters like Neil Kerrison, not full of gamblers or drinkers or Exclusive Brethren.

Students missing provincial championships because of exams? Well, that's a new one.

Show Profile  Neil K Posted: 9 February 2006, 3:08 AM  
And the new holders are: Simon Addison (Ham. looking) and Lizzie Ingham (Wel. Well Well)

Username

Password

Register  
1   2   3  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz