maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Mass and chasing start races

Show Profile  fraser Posted: 19 October 2005, 8:25 AM  
As per HeadHoncho request, a new topic.

I have to agree with Jamie and would love to see some more chasing start and mass start races. Bring back the fun, and the pain!

It helps people learn to race at a higher intensity and what they can cope with. It also adds extra pressure and close competition, just what NZ's junior and senoir elites need.

But sounds like you disagree HeadHoncho so please tell us your solution?

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 19 October 2005, 9:14 AM  
My solution is Fraser moves to Invercargill and forgets to take his computer.

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 19 October 2005, 1:50 PM  
I think that a few mass start races would be good but:

1: A short (medium) race is not the right place for such a format - especially when based only on one earlier (short) result.
2. There must be some gaffling (splitting), or Hageby-style loopos on the course. Anything else just makes it a following race.

Show Profile  rob.g Posted: 19 October 2005, 2:50 PM  
For the 2006 QB3 double short o's, we are planning a chasing start for most red courses with multi loops. Everyone we have discussed this with has been very enthusiastic about the return of the chasing starts on the pm race that we used to have at NZ Chanps.

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 20 October 2005, 10:03 AM  
The Woodhill Great Day O next year, March 26, will be a mass start race, and will definitely not be middle distance, so hopefully there will be a lot of elites AND oldies taking part.

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 20 October 2005, 1:26 PM  
Waitangi Weekend will have everything! Mass, Chasing, Relay, Middle, Long and Sprint.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 22 October 2005, 2:57 AM  
Everything?

Beer? Cheerleaders?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz