maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

World MTBO Champs

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 6 September 2005, 3:25 PM  
Phone call from Rob G ...

Looks like Marquita will finish FOURTH in the middle distance!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Un $$*$&%$*&$^@%#%)!@* believable

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 6 September 2005, 3:38 PM  
Beaten out of bronze by the last starter.

But unsurprisingly not feeling too gutted!

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 6 September 2005, 4:01 PM  
Adrian Jackson leading the mens race with half the field in.

Darryl Taylor DNF'd - suffering from the trots said Rob G. Michal and Greg in second half of field.

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 6 September 2005, 5:24 PM  
Michal 37th out of 110 - not too many left to finish.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 6 September 2005, 6:16 PM  
For links to the event website see the NZ MTBO site www.mapsport.co.nz/mtbo/mtbo.html
There's also a link to an Aussie team blog which has a lot of pictures and interesting comment about the terrain. Adrian was pushed down to 8th when I looked last.

What an outstanding result - 15th last year was good but I would think the field is much stronger in Slovakia!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 7 September 2005, 10:36 AM  
That's fantastic news! Well done Marquita!

Please pass this on, Rob C when next speaking with RG&MG

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 September 2005, 3:53 PM  
The long qual is running now. Top 20 qualify for the final so almost all the women will go thru, men need to get into top half. The Aussie team blog is very good (photo of Marquita) so follow the links from the NZ MTBO website

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 7 September 2005, 5:00 PM  
It isn't clear how many are yet to finish, but it looks like Darryl is in (15th at this stage), Michal is out (25th) and Greg hasn't finished but will need a miracle to climb back from 36th at the radio control. Marquita who only had to finish above last came in 7th in her group.

Show Profile  Marquita G Posted: 8 September 2005, 1:18 PM  
We have a very welcome rest day today, the qualification races were brutal with massive and completely unnecessary climbs. I was trying to take it easy but there was nothing easy about the multiple 250m+ climbs! Still can't quite believe my 4th place - I had a great race with only one time loss and was one of the few who picked a crucial route choice and got the split on a 13min leg. Darryl recovered well from his bout of food poisoning and qualified. Michal had some route choice problems and Greg didn't quite have the legs. The boys course was downright horrible. Rob won the M50 course in a whopping 24 mins! His course looked so cute!

Show Profile  Alistair Posted: 9 September 2005, 3:13 PM  
Relay online results:

http://www.orienteering.sk/mtbo2005/temp/relay/relay.php

(looks like Marquita's mixed team isn't racing - probably taking it easy for tomorrow...)

Show Profile  HeadHoncho Posted: 10 September 2005, 8:58 PM  
Long Final today ...

Marquita had puncture, then busted a valve.
Michal had a good ride in the B Final, maybe third?
AJ (Oz) got bronze.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz