maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

world mountain running championships

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 2 September 2005, 5:40 PM  
GB junior orienteering star Scott Fraser will be representing team GB at the world mountain running champs on Mt Victoria, Wellington - sept 25th.

he's running in the junior race. if you're spectating please give him a shout on behalf of the British orienteers!

any NZ orienteers competing?

ben

Show Profile  Ellmo1769 Posted: 2 September 2005, 5:47 PM  
Really what are people doing making posts at ridiculous times of day like these??

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 3 September 2005, 6:26 AM  
I'm guessing Bens not in New Zealand...

If he was we would probably know hes that kind of guy, and you can spot the fat bastard from a mile away

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 3 September 2005, 7:38 PM  
if only you knew how big i am now!

scott is coming out to new zealand for two weeks in total. anyone based in welington fancy doing some training with him (stu? andrew?) - he can be reached at:

highland.scotia@gmail.com

ben

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 4 September 2005, 4:12 AM  
Cheers Ben,

We've got a flat of orienteering chums in Wellington. One of the guys Ross raced against Scott at JWOC so I think they have been in touch since. Im sure we could drag our arses out the door to do some training.

Hows Edinburgh anyway? I heard a rumour you were studying to teach? Or photography ? Or wooing woman

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 4 September 2005, 12:52 PM  
thanks for the thought ben_ but i couldn't run up the stairs to my house even if a fresh pie was being lifted from the oven. mmm pie.
i am now vegan and therefore barely have enough energy to lift my eyelids, let alone my legs. i am also an alcoholic skateboarder with a pregnant girlfriend. or at least these are some of the rumours i have heard circulating about me.....
i heard a rumour you had a sex change and work as a nail technician in amsterdam, but that was from neil and he is about as trustworthy as following David Stewart.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 5 September 2005, 1:20 AM  
now do you see what i'm saying?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 September 2005, 3:09 AM  
Stu you're alive??

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 5 September 2005, 3:34 AM  
So that rumour saying Stu was a mormon can't be true cause he's on the internet...does that mean he doesn't have 2 wives?

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 5 September 2005, 1:53 PM  
i was a mormon for a brief period, but was to fat and lame to ride my bike. so i released all the shackles of a commitment to the church of the latter day saints.... except my second wife. some things are hard to surrender.

Show Profile  stu barr Posted: 5 September 2005, 1:56 PM  
besides, jamie, i think the rumour was that i was a moron, and that was purely speculative.

Show Profile  runningbeast Posted: 6 September 2005, 12:15 AM  
I see what you're saying

Show Profile  mick finn Posted: 6 September 2005, 3:29 AM  
Anyone interested in watching the champs, spotting Scott Fraser carrying the british flag (and possibly spotting the reclusive Howard-Hughes-like Stu Barr in the audience), the place to be is on top of Mt Vic where the runners pass by several times, divesting an article of clothing each time (its a new format - unfortunately the women pass by 4 times and the men 6). Can't recall any orienteers in the NZ team, and there's one casual orienteer in the Oz team (Dave Osmond).
Ben-am available for training, well at least I can show Scott the course and give him an o-map. I too would like to be an alcoholic skateboarder but can't afford it (although I have a pregnant girlfriend).
Good to hear from ya Stu!

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 6 September 2005, 4:30 AM  
the nail salon went bust eventually, so i've opened up a waxing salon instead. you should pop over sometime for a brazilian stu. i did neils last week but had to fight off the lice with a blow torch. i'm sure your pregnant mormon vegan girlfriend has your parasites in check though stu. a shame that the same can't be said about your drinking.

check out my salons website: www.bedlamcreative.com

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 10 September 2005, 2:12 PM  
this is from scott:

Hey guys.
I'll be there on the 12th, would be sweet to meet some of you guys/ do some training and party (after the race
Ben's been telling me some good bars that is worth a visit.
My number is +447835210647

Don't know the name of the hotel we are staying in (i'll post it later- it's on the Mount Victoria o map), that's probably the best place to meet....
cheers
Scott Fraser

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 23 September 2005, 4:34 AM  
A couple of familiar names on the entry list published by the DomPost today:

Svajunas Ambrazus (LTU)
Aibhe Creedon (IRE)

Markus Hohenwarter (AUT) also rings a bell?

Let's see some orienteers come 2nd behind Johno and Melissa!

1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz