maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Super Series

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 1 November 2005, 3:29 AM  
Simon (the Maptalk contributor) I think you should turn your attention to something really useful, like how many angels can dance on a pinhead...

Now it seems the huge distance errors were proportional, that leaves Simon (the sprinter) with, apparently, the fastest k-rate of the day. Suggests that for sprints at least we might be able to effect a dramatic simplification of classes, ie 14-40E? 15-50E? Provided that there weren't other differences between C1 and C2.

O Wise One, would it be too much trouble to tell us what the climbs were on the courses? And how they compared with what competitors were led to believe beforehand, heh, heh...

This message was edited by Brenda Boghopper on 1 November 2005, 10:31 AM

Show Profile  mark Posted: 1 November 2005, 6:42 AM  
angels on a pinhead?

what the fuck?

Show Profile  Dave Barr Posted: 1 November 2005, 7:32 AM  
You can usually get sixteen, but it depends on the type of dancing.

eg. only ten can krump on a pinhead at once, unless you use a really big pin.

Show Profile  mark Posted: 1 November 2005, 8:19 AM  
Stuff krumping

Go the clowns

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 1 November 2005, 7:00 PM  
The entry list and prospects for Round 2 in Canterbury have been posted on the Superseries website. Chris Forne and Penny Kane will clip their first controls in the 2006 series. A strong home-region entry will easily bring Storm from last to first in the team competition, but the newly-improved Magic may retain its second place. www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/ss.html

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 2 November 2005, 3:51 AM  
I'd like to see Rob J's release from AOC

"(Fine print: if you belong to more than one club, one of them is your "primary" club which counts you for NZOF purposes, and you must enter under that club unless you have a release, just like the NZ Relay Champs.)"

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 2 November 2005, 5:58 AM  
Sure. "Michael. Rob Jessop has expressed an interest in being a member of the Southerly Storm in this year’s super series. The Auckland club has no objection to Rob being a member of this team for the super series. Regards Craig Pearce AOC President"

Show Profile  jeffg Posted: 2 November 2005, 7:03 AM  
Fortunately for the Nutters, RobJ's release didn't come through in time for the first round. Now then Greg, you'll have to make up for his absence.

Show Profile  Wiseone Posted: 2 November 2005, 4:23 PM  
Michael - you might have to take account of some extra talent from the North in the predictions...

http://www.mapsport.co.nz/ss/prospects.html
"The North Island teams have only 4 runners apiece,
where the six best scores are counted"

Seems a few of the M16A/M18A lads from the north have entered the Wellington Day2 Middle Distance in M21E. They would only need a half-decent run to finish in the top 15, show up some of the 'old' fellas, and get some points...! (presumably counting in the 6 runners for the northerners?)

Show Profile  Brenda Boghopper Posted: 2 November 2005, 6:40 PM  
They probably WILL show up the 'old' fellas in Wellington, but Michael's prospects are for Round 2 in Canterbury. Now how are you getting on, O Wise One, with those contours on the Auckland sprint map? The map did HAVE contours, didn't it?

Show Profile  Wiseone Posted: 3 November 2005, 1:47 AM  
Ah, young Brenda. Yes, a reasonably good point about Wellington Champs not being in SS...wonder why this event was not included? Round 5 looks interesting then?

It appears there are brown curvie lines on the Auckland sprint map. But if no-one is sure of how long the courses were, then determining % climb is a bit of a guess. Maybe competitors were not lead to believe anything about climb...?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 3 November 2005, 2:23 AM  
To take a line from an Aussie - "What a traitor", but who is the biggest one? Rob J for changing (which I agree with) or AOC for letting him go?

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 3 November 2005, 4:19 AM  
I didn't want too many events before Christmas, spring should be a rest period in a cycle based on WOC, so I limited it to two. (I would ideally have none, but there aren't enough events in autumn.) I took comments from SS participants who felt that the Auckland Champs would be a better weekend. Certainly it had more quantity, we'll see after this weekend about quality.

Show Profile  Michael Posted: 21 November 2005, 10:07 AM  
The Herd took the lead on Saturday from MacNut and but for a wrong control by Karl Dravitzki would still be there now. Bivouac weakened by three away on the Southern Traverse (all in top teams) has a slender lead of 7 points. Rob Jessop and Lara Prince top the individual tables. Results and story on the website.

Show Profile  Martin Posted: 11 February 2006, 2:51 PM  
After a few rough calculations this is how the Waitangi weekend points looked:

Northern... 206
Central.... 224
Southern... 224

After 9 events, Southern leads on 497, 7 ahead of Central on 490. A susbstantial way infront of Northern on 435.

ps theyr only rough!

1   2   3   4   5   6  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz