maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

End of super series

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 5 June 2005, 2:51 PM  
Well done guys, esp Darren, Tania and Bryn (at least for the 1st day)...Nice finish split Neil!

Feeling gutted that the Storm lost, 5-1 event split between the islands is a bit of a shitter. Hope its sorted out next year even if the super series has to have fewer events.

We will be back

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 5 June 2005, 3:24 PM  
All you had to do was turn up Jamie and storm may have been able to stop the Northern Win!!!!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 6 June 2005, 11:09 AM  
That was partly my point Greg - and do I feel stink...yes!

Its not like I haven't invested much in orienteering recently.

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 7 June 2005, 12:33 PM  
Carsten and I feel a bit guilty too for not being around much of this series (and the part I was around was a bit soon after Kaia's birth to be much use anyway). (Although the guilt doesn't affect us enjoying orientering 3 or 4 times a week in Swedish forests or anticipating how we'll spend the next three weekends orienteering in Denmark, then Finland and then Italy and we get money from the club to pay for it! Not trying to make anyone feel envious (really!) just justifying our choice)

Anyway congratulations Macnut and well done Storm on a valiant effort!

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 7 June 2005, 12:37 PM  
Has Kaia moved onto yellow yet? We will be needing a replacement for Rachel!

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 7 June 2005, 12:54 PM  
She's crawling pretty fast and pulling herself up to stand at every opportunity but no running just yet... One of the favourite games is pulling all the maps off the shelf in the bookcase, Carsten instead of being protective of his maps just says that it's good that she's getting indoctrinated into looking at maps! When she can walk I'm going to take her around a string course but I don't see much point in carrying her around one - she already spends quite a lot of time in the forest. And has seen her father punching controls on a big screen a few times and running his penalty loops after the micro O and both parents running down the finish chute a fair bit. So I think she's getting the idea...

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 10 June 2005, 9:00 AM  
Don't worry Jamie, Rachel spent most of the QB weekend insisting that she is still a south islander, just one that happens to live in Auckland, so I suspect she'll be running in white and blue for a while yet.

But here's a thought, if you're reading this Rach, how about splitting the difference between where your heart is and where your head is and giving Claire some desperately needed back-up? =) After all if Irene van Dyk can play her netball for Waikato while still living just up the road from me, anything's possible with a bit of MAGIC??

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 10 June 2005, 9:08 AM  
yeah go on Rachel even things up, join a cool club like HBOC or HVOC, and you won't have to do any club work either!

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 June 2005, 10:33 AM  
So Jamie you are saying that elites should join a club where they don't have to help out at all?

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 10 June 2005, 11:09 AM  
You've finally managed to read between the lines Greg...(or have you??).

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 10 June 2005, 11:24 AM  
I'm just questioning your views thats all. That you have stated that one of NZ top elites should join a club where they do not have to help out at all. What does your club do for you Jamie?

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz