maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

WANTED: home + job

Show Profile  sofie Posted: 3 June 2005, 4:14 PM  
Hi all!

Some might know me from their overseas trips, mI'm Sofie Herremans, from Belgium , competed at several JWOC's ...
(or my brother Tom (elite runner) or dad Jan (JWOC 97 organiser)
My boyfriend has got himself a job in Auckland (North Shore city) and is moving there really soon (june 18th), I still have some studying to do but will hopefully get there by december next year!! Pretty exciting!
I was wondering if anyone could help me with getting a job... I will graduate as a master in geography in september
I am happy to do anything really, preferably something to do with geography, but any other adventure is more than welcome!

Then, about a place to stay, my boyfriend will live at his working place (Milennium Sports Institute) the first 2 months, but needs to find a place to live for himself after that. Ideally he'd like to share a house/appartment with some people, as it's better to make some friends and nicer for him too as he'll miss me heaps!

Does anyone could help me with suggestions about a job (I know the websites etc where you can find a job, but noticed that it's pretty hard as a foreigner, so I think I need more personal contacts...) and with finding a place to stay?
Thanks for all you suggestions! Sofie , sofieher@hotmail.com

Show Profile  That Claire Girl Posted: 20 June 2005, 11:14 AM  
Hi Sofie!!

I am not sure if you are the Belgium girl I am thinking of... DId you go to any World Champs as well? Do you remember me? Claire Paterson, the youngest of the WOC team in Switzerland, and was at JWOC in Spain, Estonia and Poland.

Anyway, I live in a flat on the North Shore, with another orienteer Greg Flynn. We live in a nice house in Albany suberb. We are about to lose a flatmate in the next 3 weeks, and another orienteer (is your boyfriend an orienteer?) would be great, or any sporty people! We are all students in the flat at present, there is 5 in total. email me at cpatersonz@hotmail.com if you are interested...

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz