maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

Orienteering is dangerous

Show Profile  pcbrent Posted: 18 May 2005, 11:00 AM  
I heard a rumor that one of the top orienteers in the country, after coming back from a tough training run, had a shower, fainted, fell through the shower door, broke his nose and required 8 stitches.

This is proof that orienteering is one of the most dangerous sports around.

Please avoid showering after training or racing, or even better dont shower at all.

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 19 May 2005, 5:07 AM  
We shouldn't believe every rumour we hear. Particularly not the one currently circulating round the Wellington area about the idiot orienteer searching for a pond at a night event, who found it rather abruptly. Equally abruptly discovering it was 2+ metres deep. Definitely NOT true, so orienteering is definitely NOT dangerous.

Now showering, on the other hand....

Show Profile  Jamie Posted: 20 May 2005, 4:39 AM  
some clues as to the fainters identity? (obviously a NIer) but how many of them are top male orienteers and heavy enough to fall through a shower door (instead of just slump into the bottom of the shower).

It can't be Neil, as where he lives/stays they don't have a shower door. I can only conclude it must be Bradshaw.

Show Profile  James Posted: 20 May 2005, 4:12 PM  
nah, wasnt me, I take more care, so i wont ruin my prettyboy face

Show Profile  Andrew M Posted: 21 May 2005, 11:44 AM  
Well as a hint...
The chap in question wasnt coming back from a tough training run. This person seldomly strings "tough" and "training" together in the same sentence.

Show Profile  James Posted: 21 May 2005, 1:54 PM  
BRYN IS A RETARD

Show Profile  onemanfanclub Posted: 22 May 2005, 8:27 AM  
If Jamie knew right away the person in question was "obviously a North Islander" do we assume then that South Islanders have no need to take Brent's cautionary advice because they have never showered anyway?

"Per-son-al Hy-giene, y'say? That gone be the Divil's work, that be!"

Show Profile  bendover Posted: 23 May 2005, 12:59 AM  
i'm heavy enough to fall through a barn door, never mind a shower door. however i don't shower ever so its not really an issue.

Username

Password

Register  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz