maptalk.co.nz Forum   |   Links    

Forum

Forum Home   Start New Topic   Edit Profile   Register  

1   2  

WOC Selection 2005

Show Profile  Jenni Posted: 21 August 2004, 10:52 PM  
Of course, Asa! I was planning to email all those we know in Uppsala and the surroundings to arrange to meet up - warning to anyone else reading this! Would also like to make it up to Borlange, Al, but I guess I shouldn't be too ambitious about how much we can do just yet.

Just read Wayne and Trish's email about having to attend the trials. I can understand the logic from a selection point of view as it is so hard to compare those who are living in Europe and those in NZ when they hardly ever compete against each other. But I would think if you were living here that it would be a nightmare having to go all the way back to NZ if you were serious about doing well in Japan. If for work, you had to return to Europe in between then you would have two lots of jet lag to contend with in the space of two months, let alone trying to get the time off work to be able to get to NZ early enough so that you could do OK in the trials. And unlike returning to Australia in Easter, say, missing the spring O events in Sweden to return to NZ in winter is not very appealing! Maybe I should join Kaia in trying to get Danish citizenship if I want to run in Japan next year?! I was thinking that I could have my best go at WOC seeing this next year I should have the most time for training that I've ever had - not having to combine training with work or study for the first time in my life (bar the 6 months before starting my PhD)! And Kaia doesn't seem to take as much time as work or study, so far anwyay...

This message was edited by Jenni on 22 August 2004, 8:35 AM

Show Profile  mark Posted: 23 August 2004, 1:25 AM  
Do the girls have trials?

Show Profile  Greg Posted: 30 August 2004, 3:03 PM  
Going back to the 8 selected from the rankings - Why are these used? Events are in there that shouldn't be (according to what the website says) and therefore the selectors are useing a sorce for selection that is incorrect.

Username

Password

Register  
1   2  

Ruffneck Productions © Ruffneck Productions maptalk.co.nz